Jul 22, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Tony Bennett and Virginia are looking for a big season this year. The Cavaliers add transfer Anthony Gill and two three-star recruits in Devon Hall and London Perrantes, while they’ll have to replace Taylor Barnette’s shooting and hope for a speedy recovery for Akil Mitchell’s broken hand.
They added to their schedule on Monday.
Virginia is bringing in a mid-major opponent in Navy this season, according to Midshipman play-by-play man Pete Medhurst.
Navy plays at UVA as party of its 2013-14 Hoops slate. Teams have not played since 1974. #GoNavy
— Pete Medhurst (@PeteMedhurst) July 22, 2013
The two teams last played in 1974, a 91-72 home win for the Cavaliers in front of 7,804 fans. Virginia finished that season 11-16 while Navy went 9-13.
Navy finished last season 8-23, falling to Bucknell in the Patriot League quarterfinals, while Virginia went 23-12, falling to Iowa in the NIT.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)