Jul 22, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Tony Bennett and Virginia are looking for a big season this year. The Cavaliers add transfer Anthony Gill and two three-star recruits in Devon Hall and London Perrantes, while they’ll have to replace Taylor Barnette’s shooting and hope for a speedy recovery for Akil Mitchell’s broken hand.
They added to their schedule on Monday.
Virginia is bringing in a mid-major opponent in Navy this season, according to Midshipman play-by-play man Pete Medhurst.
Navy plays at UVA as party of its 2013-14 Hoops slate. Teams have not played since 1974. #GoNavy
— Pete Medhurst (@PeteMedhurst) July 22, 2013
The two teams last played in 1974, a 91-72 home win for the Cavaliers in front of 7,804 fans. Virginia finished that season 11-16 while Navy went 9-13.
Navy finished last season 8-23, falling to Bucknell in the Patriot League quarterfinals, while Virginia went 23-12, falling to Iowa in the NIT.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)