Jul 22, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Tony Bennett and Virginia are looking for a big season this year. The Cavaliers add transfer Anthony Gill and two three-star recruits in Devon Hall and London Perrantes, while they’ll have to replace Taylor Barnette’s shooting and hope for a speedy recovery for Akil Mitchell’s broken hand.
They added to their schedule on Monday.
Virginia is bringing in a mid-major opponent in Navy this season, according to Midshipman play-by-play man Pete Medhurst.
Navy plays at UVA as party of its 2013-14 Hoops slate. Teams have not played since 1974. #GoNavy
— Pete Medhurst (@PeteMedhurst) July 22, 2013
The two teams last played in 1974, a 91-72 home win for the Cavaliers in front of 7,804 fans. Virginia finished that season 11-16 while Navy went 9-13.
Navy finished last season 8-23, falling to Bucknell in the Patriot League quarterfinals, while Virginia went 23-12, falling to Iowa in the NIT.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)