Jul 22, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
All charges against PJ Hairston stemming from a June 5th incident in which he was pulled over while driving a car have been dismissed, according to a report from Inside Carolina.
Hairston and both of his passengers were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, and Hairston was also charged with driving without a license. A gun, a magazine with nine rounds and 41.1 grams of weed were found outside the car. From IC:
Those charges were dismissed on July 19. According to court records, Hairston obtained and completed a drug assessment and the state decided not to proceed based on those actions.
Hairston was also able to provide his current driver’s license.
Now all of the attention will turn to the car that Hairston was driving. It was rented by a convicted felon named Haydn ‘Fats’ Thomas. If the NCAA can find a connection between Thomas and an agent, than Hairston may end up in some trouble or with a hefty suspension. If not, he may miss a few games and be asked to repay the value of the car that was rented.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)