Jul 22, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
All charges against PJ Hairston stemming from a June 5th incident in which he was pulled over while driving a car have been dismissed, according to a report from Inside Carolina.
Hairston and both of his passengers were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, and Hairston was also charged with driving without a license. A gun, a magazine with nine rounds and 41.1 grams of weed were found outside the car. From IC:
Those charges were dismissed on July 19. According to court records, Hairston obtained and completed a drug assessment and the state decided not to proceed based on those actions.
Hairston was also able to provide his current driver’s license.
Now all of the attention will turn to the car that Hairston was driving. It was rented by a convicted felon named Haydn ‘Fats’ Thomas. If the NCAA can find a connection between Thomas and an agent, than Hairston may end up in some trouble or with a hefty suspension. If not, he may miss a few games and be asked to repay the value of the car that was rented.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)