Jul 22, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
All charges against PJ Hairston stemming from a June 5th incident in which he was pulled over while driving a car have been dismissed, according to a report from Inside Carolina.
Hairston and both of his passengers were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, and Hairston was also charged with driving without a license. A gun, a magazine with nine rounds and 41.1 grams of weed were found outside the car. From IC:
Those charges were dismissed on July 19. According to court records, Hairston obtained and completed a drug assessment and the state decided not to proceed based on those actions.
Hairston was also able to provide his current driver’s license.
Now all of the attention will turn to the car that Hairston was driving. It was rented by a convicted felon named Haydn ‘Fats’ Thomas. If the NCAA can find a connection between Thomas and an agent, than Hairston may end up in some trouble or with a hefty suspension. If not, he may miss a few games and be asked to repay the value of the car that was rented.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0