Jul 22, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
All charges against PJ Hairston stemming from a June 5th incident in which he was pulled over while driving a car have been dismissed, according to a report from Inside Carolina.
Hairston and both of his passengers were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession, and Hairston was also charged with driving without a license. A gun, a magazine with nine rounds and 41.1 grams of weed were found outside the car. From IC:
Those charges were dismissed on July 19. According to court records, Hairston obtained and completed a drug assessment and the state decided not to proceed based on those actions.
Hairston was also able to provide his current driver’s license.
Now all of the attention will turn to the car that Hairston was driving. It was rented by a convicted felon named Haydn ‘Fats’ Thomas. If the NCAA can find a connection between Thomas and an agent, than Hairston may end up in some trouble or with a hefty suspension. If not, he may miss a few games and be asked to repay the value of the car that was rented.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (40)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)