Jul 22, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Russdiculous is going international.
A preseason all-american and the leading scorer for the reigning national champs, Russ Smith has been named a member of the East Coast All-Stars, a 12-man team that left for Estonia to play in a tournament called the Four Nations Cup.
The team practiced over the weekend at Fordham before leaving. It’s coached by Guy Rancourt, who is the head coach at Division III Lycoming. The rest of the roster is as follows: Kadeem Batts (Providence), Rakeem Christmas (Syracuse), Mike Gbinije (Syracuse), Eron Harris (West Virginia), Phillip Nolan (Connecticut), Tom Knight (Notre Dame), Justin Miller (Lycoming), Michael Rudy (Lycoming), Tate Unruh (Northern Colorado), Jarrod Uthoff (Iowa) and Jabrille Williams (Binghamton).
The trip isn’t all that important, except for the fact that Smith missed out on a chance to receive his national championship ring on Monday:
He also won’t be in attendance as the Cardinals make a trip to the White House on Tuesday, which is actually a national tragedy: we won’t get a chance to see what happens when Russ Smith meets President Obama.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 0
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)