Jul 23, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
On Sunday, 26 NBA players showed up for the 2013 USA Men’s National Team mini-camp in Las Vegas. One of the first things the NBA up-and-comers did was meet with USA basketball’s managing director Jerry Colangelo, and of course, the National Team head coach, Duke University’s Mike Krzyzewski.
“This mini-camp is going to be very exciting because we bring 25 to 30 of the top young NBA players together and we start to replenish the pool of players that we will use for the World Cup in Madrid next summer and then in Rio for the 2016 Olympics,” Coach K said last month.
In May, the Hall of Famer announced that he would return to coach USA basketball for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. He’s already guided the United States to two Gold Medals in 2008 and 2012 Games. As seen in the video above, it’s clear, he has the attention of the entire room.
“There’s only one question someone will ask, ‘Did you win?'” Coach K told the group of 26. “And it’s our responsibility, that every US player only ever gives one answer:
- Perimeter shot selection will be key for Louisville moving forward 0
- Tyler Ulis proves he’s Kentucky’s best point guard in 58-50 win over Louisville 2
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 1
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 3
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 2
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season (4)
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game (3)
- POSTERIZED: Don’t jump with Loyola Marymount’s Evan Payne like Ron Baker did (VIDEO) (3)
- Pregame Shootaround: Six Top 15 teams in action tonight (3)