Jul 23, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
On Sunday, 26 NBA players showed up for the 2013 USA Men’s National Team mini-camp in Las Vegas. One of the first things the NBA up-and-comers did was meet with USA basketball’s managing director Jerry Colangelo, and of course, the National Team head coach, Duke University’s Mike Krzyzewski.
“This mini-camp is going to be very exciting because we bring 25 to 30 of the top young NBA players together and we start to replenish the pool of players that we will use for the World Cup in Madrid next summer and then in Rio for the 2016 Olympics,” Coach K said last month.
In May, the Hall of Famer announced that he would return to coach USA basketball for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. He’s already guided the United States to two Gold Medals in 2008 and 2012 Games. As seen in the video above, it’s clear, he has the attention of the entire room.
“There’s only one question someone will ask, ‘Did you win?'” Coach K told the group of 26. “And it’s our responsibility, that every US player only ever gives one answer:
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0