Jul 23, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
On Sunday, 26 NBA players showed up for the 2013 USA Men’s National Team mini-camp in Las Vegas. One of the first things the NBA up-and-comers did was meet with USA basketball’s managing director Jerry Colangelo, and of course, the National Team head coach, Duke University’s Mike Krzyzewski.
“This mini-camp is going to be very exciting because we bring 25 to 30 of the top young NBA players together and we start to replenish the pool of players that we will use for the World Cup in Madrid next summer and then in Rio for the 2016 Olympics,” Coach K said last month.
In May, the Hall of Famer announced that he would return to coach USA basketball for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. He’s already guided the United States to two Gold Medals in 2008 and 2012 Games. As seen in the video above, it’s clear, he has the attention of the entire room.
“There’s only one question someone will ask, ‘Did you win?'” Coach K told the group of 26. “And it’s our responsibility, that every US player only ever gives one answer:
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)