Jul 23, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
While the President hosts national champion Louisville at the White House, his brother-in-law is busy adding to his 2014 recruiting class.
According to our very own Scott Phillips, the Beavers picked up a commitment from 6-foot-10 Georgia native Isaiah Manderson last night.
Manderson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and while he isn’t ranked in their top 150, Manderson had received a number of offers from high-major programs.
Manderson is the first commit in the class for Robinson.
ESPN describes Manderson as “a big body true center that is aggressive to score in the low post and is a powerful area rebounder [but he] must continue to add to his back to the basket scoring package, rebound more out of his area and work to improve his strength and conditioning.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)