Jul 23, 2013, 1:19 PM EST
Chico Potts has been reinstated as the head coach of Mississippi Valley State, according to reports.
Potts was arrested and charged with domestic violence, a misdemeanor, in early July, getting suspended with pay by the university on July 12th. But he was found not guilty on July 18th, and the school has since lifted his suspension.
“I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men’s basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University,” Potts said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season.”
The Delta Devils went 5-23 last season in Potts’ first year, winning all of their games in SWAC play. They return five seniors next season.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who left for Morehead State last season and was suspended for his behavior towards a player on the bench during a game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)