Jul 23, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Chico Potts has been reinstated as the head coach of Mississippi Valley State, according to reports.
Potts was arrested and charged with domestic violence, a misdemeanor, in early July, getting suspended with pay by the university on July 12th. But he was found not guilty on July 18th, and the school has since lifted his suspension.
“I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men’s basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University,” Potts said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season.”
The Delta Devils went 5-23 last season in Potts’ first year, winning all of their games in SWAC play. They return five seniors next season.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who left for Morehead State last season and was suspended for his behavior towards a player on the bench during a game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)