Jul 23, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Chico Potts has been reinstated as the head coach of Mississippi Valley State, according to reports.
Potts was arrested and charged with domestic violence, a misdemeanor, in early July, getting suspended with pay by the university on July 12th. But he was found not guilty on July 18th, and the school has since lifted his suspension.
“I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men’s basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University,” Potts said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season.”
The Delta Devils went 5-23 last season in Potts’ first year, winning all of their games in SWAC play. They return five seniors next season.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who left for Morehead State last season and was suspended for his behavior towards a player on the bench during a game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)