Jul 23, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Chico Potts has been reinstated as the head coach of Mississippi Valley State, according to reports.
Potts was arrested and charged with domestic violence, a misdemeanor, in early July, getting suspended with pay by the university on July 12th. But he was found not guilty on July 18th, and the school has since lifted his suspension.
“I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men’s basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University,” Potts said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season.”
The Delta Devils went 5-23 last season in Potts’ first year, winning all of their games in SWAC play. They return five seniors next season.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who left for Morehead State last season and was suspended for his behavior towards a player on the bench during a game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)