Jul 23, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Chico Potts has been reinstated as the head coach of Mississippi Valley State, according to reports.
Potts was arrested and charged with domestic violence, a misdemeanor, in early July, getting suspended with pay by the university on July 12th. But he was found not guilty on July 18th, and the school has since lifted his suspension.
“I am thankful the legal process has concluded and look forward to returning to my responsibilities as head men’s basketball coach at Mississippi Valley State University,” Potts said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the students and fellow coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season.”
The Delta Devils went 5-23 last season in Potts’ first year, winning all of their games in SWAC play. They return five seniors next season.
Potts replaced Sean Woods, who left for Morehead State last season and was suspended for his behavior towards a player on the bench during a game.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)