Jul 24, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
The Louisville Cardinals made their way to the Nation’s Capital for their congratulatory meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House on Tuesday afternoon. Obama, the avid basketball fan, thanked the Cardinals for “busting his bracket” and poked fun at the tattoo Rick Pitino promised to get if the Cards won it all.
Tim Henderson, Luke Hancock, Gorgui Dieng, Peyton Siva, Russ Smith and Kevin Ware all got shoutouts in Obama’s 6-minute speech. When Pitino took the mic, he presented Obama with a Louisville Slugger bat and the traditional personalized team jersey.
For more from Louisville’s White House trip, click here to see the collage Rob Dauster put together.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)