Jul 24, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
The Louisville Cardinals made their way to the Nation’s Capital for their congratulatory meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House on Tuesday afternoon. Obama, the avid basketball fan, thanked the Cardinals for “busting his bracket” and poked fun at the tattoo Rick Pitino promised to get if the Cards won it all.
Tim Henderson, Luke Hancock, Gorgui Dieng, Peyton Siva, Russ Smith and Kevin Ware all got shoutouts in Obama’s 6-minute speech. When Pitino took the mic, he presented Obama with a Louisville Slugger bat and the traditional personalized team jersey.
For more from Louisville’s White House trip, click here to see the collage Rob Dauster put together.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (43)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)