Jul 24, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
The Louisville Cardinals made their way to the Nation’s Capital for their congratulatory meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House on Tuesday afternoon. Obama, the avid basketball fan, thanked the Cardinals for “busting his bracket” and poked fun at the tattoo Rick Pitino promised to get if the Cards won it all.
Tim Henderson, Luke Hancock, Gorgui Dieng, Peyton Siva, Russ Smith and Kevin Ware all got shoutouts in Obama’s 6-minute speech. When Pitino took the mic, he presented Obama with a Louisville Slugger bat and the traditional personalized team jersey.
For more from Louisville’s White House trip, click here to see the collage Rob Dauster put together.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)