Jul 24, 2013, 8:15 AM EDT
The Louisville Cardinals made their way to the Nation’s Capital for their congratulatory meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House on Tuesday afternoon. Obama, the avid basketball fan, thanked the Cardinals for “busting his bracket” and poked fun at the tattoo Rick Pitino promised to get if the Cards won it all.
Tim Henderson, Luke Hancock, Gorgui Dieng, Peyton Siva, Russ Smith and Kevin Ware all got shoutouts in Obama’s 6-minute speech. When Pitino took the mic, he presented Obama with a Louisville Slugger bat and the traditional personalized team jersey.
For more from Louisville’s White House trip, click here to see the collage Rob Dauster put together.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 1
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)