Jul 24, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
The Louisville Cardinals made their way to the Nation’s Capital for their congratulatory meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House on Tuesday afternoon. Obama, the avid basketball fan, thanked the Cardinals for “busting his bracket” and poked fun at the tattoo Rick Pitino promised to get if the Cards won it all.
Tim Henderson, Luke Hancock, Gorgui Dieng, Peyton Siva, Russ Smith and Kevin Ware all got shoutouts in Obama’s 6-minute speech. When Pitino took the mic, he presented Obama with a Louisville Slugger bat and the traditional personalized team jersey.
For more from Louisville’s White House trip, click here to see the collage Rob Dauster put together.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)