Jul 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
One of the most talented tandems on the grassroots basketball circuit is the one consisting of Expressions Elite (Mass.) products Abdul-Malik Abu and Jared Terrell.
With that comes a relationship that more than a few recruiting analysts believes will result in the two choosing to remain teammates at the collegiate level.
As first reported by Hoop Dreams Magazine, both Abu and Terrell have cut their respective lists to ten schools. For Abu, his list is down to NC State, Florida, Kansas State, Miami, Kentucky, Iowa State, UConn, Providence, UCLA and St Johns. For Terrell, he’s still considering Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Providence, Miami, Ohio State, St Johns, UCLA, Rhode Island and Xavier.
And in regards to the possibility of them playing at the same school, Abu and Terrell have six schools in common: Florida, Miami, Providence, St. John’s, UCLA and UConn.
Both Abu (a 6-8 power forward) and Terrell (a 6-2 shooting guard) are regarded as Top 100 products by many of the major scouting services.
Does the assumption that these two will play together mean that this will definitely be the case? No, because recruiting tends to be a fluid situation even when it comes to “package deals” that are thought to be a lock.
But it likely doesn’t hurt the chances of the six schools on both players’ lists that Abu and Terrell play for the same grassroots program.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)