Jul 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
One of the most talented tandems on the grassroots basketball circuit is the one consisting of Expressions Elite (Mass.) products Abdul-Malik Abu and Jared Terrell.
With that comes a relationship that more than a few recruiting analysts believes will result in the two choosing to remain teammates at the collegiate level.
As first reported by Hoop Dreams Magazine, both Abu and Terrell have cut their respective lists to ten schools. For Abu, his list is down to NC State, Florida, Kansas State, Miami, Kentucky, Iowa State, UConn, Providence, UCLA and St Johns. For Terrell, he’s still considering Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Providence, Miami, Ohio State, St Johns, UCLA, Rhode Island and Xavier.
And in regards to the possibility of them playing at the same school, Abu and Terrell have six schools in common: Florida, Miami, Providence, St. John’s, UCLA and UConn.
Both Abu (a 6-8 power forward) and Terrell (a 6-2 shooting guard) are regarded as Top 100 products by many of the major scouting services.
Does the assumption that these two will play together mean that this will definitely be the case? No, because recruiting tends to be a fluid situation even when it comes to “package deals” that are thought to be a lock.
But it likely doesn’t hurt the chances of the six schools on both players’ lists that Abu and Terrell play for the same grassroots program.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)