Jul 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
One of the most talented tandems on the grassroots basketball circuit is the one consisting of Expressions Elite (Mass.) products Abdul-Malik Abu and Jared Terrell.
With that comes a relationship that more than a few recruiting analysts believes will result in the two choosing to remain teammates at the collegiate level.
As first reported by Hoop Dreams Magazine, both Abu and Terrell have cut their respective lists to ten schools. For Abu, his list is down to NC State, Florida, Kansas State, Miami, Kentucky, Iowa State, UConn, Providence, UCLA and St Johns. For Terrell, he’s still considering Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Providence, Miami, Ohio State, St Johns, UCLA, Rhode Island and Xavier.
And in regards to the possibility of them playing at the same school, Abu and Terrell have six schools in common: Florida, Miami, Providence, St. John’s, UCLA and UConn.
Both Abu (a 6-8 power forward) and Terrell (a 6-2 shooting guard) are regarded as Top 100 products by many of the major scouting services.
Does the assumption that these two will play together mean that this will definitely be the case? No, because recruiting tends to be a fluid situation even when it comes to “package deals” that are thought to be a lock.
But it likely doesn’t hurt the chances of the six schools on both players’ lists that Abu and Terrell play for the same grassroots program.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)