Jul 25, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
One of the most talented tandems on the grassroots basketball circuit is the one consisting of Expressions Elite (Mass.) products Abdul-Malik Abu and Jared Terrell.
With that comes a relationship that more than a few recruiting analysts believes will result in the two choosing to remain teammates at the collegiate level.
As first reported by Hoop Dreams Magazine, both Abu and Terrell have cut their respective lists to ten schools. For Abu, his list is down to NC State, Florida, Kansas State, Miami, Kentucky, Iowa State, UConn, Providence, UCLA and St Johns. For Terrell, he’s still considering Florida, UConn, Cincinnati, Providence, Miami, Ohio State, St Johns, UCLA, Rhode Island and Xavier.
And in regards to the possibility of them playing at the same school, Abu and Terrell have six schools in common: Florida, Miami, Providence, St. John’s, UCLA and UConn.
Both Abu (a 6-8 power forward) and Terrell (a 6-2 shooting guard) are regarded as Top 100 products by many of the major scouting services.
Does the assumption that these two will play together mean that this will definitely be the case? No, because recruiting tends to be a fluid situation even when it comes to “package deals” that are thought to be a lock.
But it likely doesn’t hurt the chances of the six schools on both players’ lists that Abu and Terrell play for the same grassroots program.
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 0
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)