Jul 25, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Stanford senior Andy Brown will miss the entirety of the 2013-2014 season after suffering a torn ACL in his right knee.
It’s the first time that Brown has torn that ACL, but it’s the fourth time in his career he’s had to deal with the injury, has Brown’s left ACL has been torn three times, twice since 2009. He suffered this injury on Tuesday morning in a team workout.
“Everyone associated with our program is saddened by Andy’s latest injury,” Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins said. “Nobody has worked harder to get back into playing shape, having already experienced three tears and waiting two full years before putting on a uniform. What makes this even more disappointing is Andy had already passed the initial test of getting back on the court. He was a highly-productive player for our team last year and we were fully counting on him to be a key contributor again this season. More importantly, his presence and leadership will be extremely difficult to replace. Andy is a fighter, he will bounce back and has the full support of the Stanford basketball family.”
Brown averaged 6.2 points and 2.8 boards last season for the Cardinal, staring 20 games.
“I just want to thank all of my teammates and coaches during the past four years who have always been there to support and encourage me. I never would have been able to battle back through these injuries without their help. Even though this is a difficult way to end my career, I feel grateful to have been able to wear a Stanford uniform and contribute to such a great program and university.”
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)