Jul 25, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Stanford senior Andy Brown will miss the entirety of the 2013-2014 season after suffering a torn ACL in his right knee.
It’s the first time that Brown has torn that ACL, but it’s the fourth time in his career he’s had to deal with the injury, has Brown’s left ACL has been torn three times, twice since 2009. He suffered this injury on Tuesday morning in a team workout.
“Everyone associated with our program is saddened by Andy’s latest injury,” Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins said. “Nobody has worked harder to get back into playing shape, having already experienced three tears and waiting two full years before putting on a uniform. What makes this even more disappointing is Andy had already passed the initial test of getting back on the court. He was a highly-productive player for our team last year and we were fully counting on him to be a key contributor again this season. More importantly, his presence and leadership will be extremely difficult to replace. Andy is a fighter, he will bounce back and has the full support of the Stanford basketball family.”
Brown averaged 6.2 points and 2.8 boards last season for the Cardinal, staring 20 games.
“I just want to thank all of my teammates and coaches during the past four years who have always been there to support and encourage me. I never would have been able to battle back through these injuries without their help. Even though this is a difficult way to end my career, I feel grateful to have been able to wear a Stanford uniform and contribute to such a great program and university.”
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)