Jul 26, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
A few weeks ago two highly regarded Prime Prep products were declared ineligible by the NCAA. According to a report late Friday night, one of those two has received some very good news.
As reported by Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, incoming freshman center Karviar Shepherd has been cleared to play this season for the Horned Frogs.
It goes without saying that this development is a huge one for head coach Trent Johnson as he goes about rebuilding the TCU program while dealing with the competitive Big 12. Both Amric Fields and Aaron Durley were lost to season-ending knee injuries last season and while they’re both back the Horned Frogs still needed interior depth.
Shepherd joins those two and Devonta Abron, who averaged 7.4 points and 5.9 rebounds per game in 2012-13. TCU will have to account for the graduation of Garlon Green, but that process became a little bit smoother with Friday’s news.
UPDATE: According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, LSU’s Jordan Mickey has been cleared as well.
(Image via Scout.com)
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)