Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Sandy Cohen has officially committed to Marquette.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Seymour, WI, announced the news on his twitter account on Saturday afternoon. The Golden Eagles had been standing out with him for a while:
Officially committed to Marquette it has been my dream since I can remember! Making dreams a reality #MUBB
— Chief Cohen ▲ (@SandyCohenIII) July 27, 2013
Cohen has a chance to be a very good player for Buzz Williams after blowing up on the EYBL circuit this spring. Lanky and athletic, Cohen will likely end up playing much of his career on the wing, but he has the handle and the playmaking ability to be more than just a scorer. Under Williams, Marquette has thrived with players that seem to bend the mold of what a specific position is supposed to play like — Lazar Hayward, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, etc. — and Cohen fits right into that conversation.
Cohen is ranked No. 93 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)