Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Sandy Cohen has officially committed to Marquette.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Seymour, WI, announced the news on his twitter account on Saturday afternoon. The Golden Eagles had been standing out with him for a while:
Officially committed to Marquette it has been my dream since I can remember! Making dreams a reality #MUBB
— Chief Cohen ▲ (@SandyCohenIII) July 27, 2013
Cohen has a chance to be a very good player for Buzz Williams after blowing up on the EYBL circuit this spring. Lanky and athletic, Cohen will likely end up playing much of his career on the wing, but he has the handle and the playmaking ability to be more than just a scorer. Under Williams, Marquette has thrived with players that seem to bend the mold of what a specific position is supposed to play like — Lazar Hayward, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, etc. — and Cohen fits right into that conversation.
Cohen is ranked No. 93 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)