Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Sandy Cohen has officially committed to Marquette.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Seymour, WI, announced the news on his twitter account on Saturday afternoon. The Golden Eagles had been standing out with him for a while:
Officially committed to Marquette it has been my dream since I can remember! Making dreams a reality #MUBB
— Chief Cohen ▲ (@SandyCohenIII) July 27, 2013
Cohen has a chance to be a very good player for Buzz Williams after blowing up on the EYBL circuit this spring. Lanky and athletic, Cohen will likely end up playing much of his career on the wing, but he has the handle and the playmaking ability to be more than just a scorer. Under Williams, Marquette has thrived with players that seem to bend the mold of what a specific position is supposed to play like — Lazar Hayward, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, etc. — and Cohen fits right into that conversation.
Cohen is ranked No. 93 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)