Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Sandy Cohen has officially committed to Marquette.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Seymour, WI, announced the news on his twitter account on Saturday afternoon. The Golden Eagles had been standing out with him for a while:
Officially committed to Marquette it has been my dream since I can remember! Making dreams a reality #MUBB
— Chief Cohen ▲ (@SandyCohenIII) July 27, 2013
Cohen has a chance to be a very good player for Buzz Williams after blowing up on the EYBL circuit this spring. Lanky and athletic, Cohen will likely end up playing much of his career on the wing, but he has the handle and the playmaking ability to be more than just a scorer. Under Williams, Marquette has thrived with players that seem to bend the mold of what a specific position is supposed to play like — Lazar Hayward, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, etc. — and Cohen fits right into that conversation.
Cohen is ranked No. 93 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)