Jul 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Sandy Cohen has officially committed to Marquette.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Seymour, WI, announced the news on his twitter account on Saturday afternoon. The Golden Eagles had been standing out with him for a while:
Officially committed to Marquette it has been my dream since I can remember! Making dreams a reality #MUBB
— Chief Cohen ▲ (@SandyCohenIII) July 27, 2013
Cohen has a chance to be a very good player for Buzz Williams after blowing up on the EYBL circuit this spring. Lanky and athletic, Cohen will likely end up playing much of his career on the wing, but he has the handle and the playmaking ability to be more than just a scorer. Under Williams, Marquette has thrived with players that seem to bend the mold of what a specific position is supposed to play like — Lazar Hayward, Jae Crowder, Darius Johnson-Odom, etc. — and Cohen fits right into that conversation.
Cohen is ranked No. 93 in the Class of 2014 by Rivals.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)