Jul 27, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
By now you’ve surely heard the names Tyus Jones, and you probably know that he’s the best point guard prospect in the country, the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014 and strongly considering going to the same school as the No. 1 player in the class, Jahlil Okafor.
But have you ever seen him play?
Here’s a pretty good highlight reel from Iowa Elites put together from footage of Jones at the Nike Global Challenge, and while “scouting” off of mixtapes isn’t exactly a great thing to do, you can kind of get a feel for what Jones is all about.
He’s not overly athletic, but he’s quick and he understands change of pace and change of direction. He can finish with touch around the rim and over bigger defenders. But the two most imporessive aspects of his game are his ability to read the pick-and-roll and his knack for being able to find open teammates. He’s an incredible passer.
Watch the plays at the :33 mark and the 1:30 mark. How many high school level guys can makes plays like that?
Oh, and he might dunk on you, too:
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)