Jul 27, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
By now you’ve surely heard the names Tyus Jones, and you probably know that he’s the best point guard prospect in the country, the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014 and strongly considering going to the same school as the No. 1 player in the class, Jahlil Okafor.
But have you ever seen him play?
Here’s a pretty good highlight reel from Iowa Elites put together from footage of Jones at the Nike Global Challenge, and while “scouting” off of mixtapes isn’t exactly a great thing to do, you can kind of get a feel for what Jones is all about.
He’s not overly athletic, but he’s quick and he understands change of pace and change of direction. He can finish with touch around the rim and over bigger defenders. But the two most imporessive aspects of his game are his ability to read the pick-and-roll and his knack for being able to find open teammates. He’s an incredible passer.
Watch the plays at the :33 mark and the 1:30 mark. How many high school level guys can makes plays like that?
Oh, and he might dunk on you, too:
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)