Jul 27, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
By now you’ve surely heard the names Tyus Jones, and you probably know that he’s the best point guard prospect in the country, the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014 and strongly considering going to the same school as the No. 1 player in the class, Jahlil Okafor.
But have you ever seen him play?
Here’s a pretty good highlight reel from Iowa Elites put together from footage of Jones at the Nike Global Challenge, and while “scouting” off of mixtapes isn’t exactly a great thing to do, you can kind of get a feel for what Jones is all about.
He’s not overly athletic, but he’s quick and he understands change of pace and change of direction. He can finish with touch around the rim and over bigger defenders. But the two most imporessive aspects of his game are his ability to read the pick-and-roll and his knack for being able to find open teammates. He’s an incredible passer.
Watch the plays at the :33 mark and the 1:30 mark. How many high school level guys can makes plays like that?
Oh, and he might dunk on you, too:
- Academic issues may sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 0
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)