Jul 27, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
By now you’ve surely heard the names Tyus Jones, and you probably know that he’s the best point guard prospect in the country, the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014 and strongly considering going to the same school as the No. 1 player in the class, Jahlil Okafor.
But have you ever seen him play?
Here’s a pretty good highlight reel from Iowa Elites put together from footage of Jones at the Nike Global Challenge, and while “scouting” off of mixtapes isn’t exactly a great thing to do, you can kind of get a feel for what Jones is all about.
He’s not overly athletic, but he’s quick and he understands change of pace and change of direction. He can finish with touch around the rim and over bigger defenders. But the two most imporessive aspects of his game are his ability to read the pick-and-roll and his knack for being able to find open teammates. He’s an incredible passer.
Watch the plays at the :33 mark and the 1:30 mark. How many high school level guys can makes plays like that?
Oh, and he might dunk on you, too:
- Report: Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 0
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 0
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 12
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 79
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (79)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)