Jul 27, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
By now you’ve surely heard the names Tyus Jones, and you probably know that he’s the best point guard prospect in the country, the No. 2 player in the Class of 2014 and strongly considering going to the same school as the No. 1 player in the class, Jahlil Okafor.
But have you ever seen him play?
Here’s a pretty good highlight reel from Iowa Elites put together from footage of Jones at the Nike Global Challenge, and while “scouting” off of mixtapes isn’t exactly a great thing to do, you can kind of get a feel for what Jones is all about.
He’s not overly athletic, but he’s quick and he understands change of pace and change of direction. He can finish with touch around the rim and over bigger defenders. But the two most imporessive aspects of his game are his ability to read the pick-and-roll and his knack for being able to find open teammates. He’s an incredible passer.
Watch the plays at the :33 mark and the 1:30 mark. How many high school level guys can makes plays like that?
Oh, and he might dunk on you, too:
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)