Jul 29, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Andy Enfield has landed a couple of transfers since he’s taken over the USC program and brought #DunkCity out west.
If you ask Tim Floyd, he’ll probably tell you that Enfield has all-but earned himself a commitment from Isaac Hamilton, the UTEP-signee.
But on Sunday, Enfield finally landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, the first real recruiting class that he’ll put together as a Trojan. Malik Price-Martin, a Florida native and the No. 87 prospect according to Rivals, announced that he will be attending USC.
“I’m just real familiar with Andy Enfield and his style of play,” Price-Martin said. “I feel like I’ll be able to fit in there good, come in and play early and play through my mistakes. That’s what I want.”
Price-Martin is an athlete and a work-in-progress right now. He’s a slender 6-foot-9 forward, but he can handle the ball a little bit as well as step out and his a jumper. He can also change shots on the defensive end of the floor while hitting the offensive glass and finishing in the paint. He needs to add weight and continue to work on his offensive game — extend his range, become a more consistent shooter, add some low-post moves — but he can run and jump, which should help him fit right into Enfield’s uptempo system.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)