Jul 29, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Andy Enfield has landed a couple of transfers since he’s taken over the USC program and brought #DunkCity out west.
If you ask Tim Floyd, he’ll probably tell you that Enfield has all-but earned himself a commitment from Isaac Hamilton, the UTEP-signee.
But on Sunday, Enfield finally landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, the first real recruiting class that he’ll put together as a Trojan. Malik Price-Martin, a Florida native and the No. 87 prospect according to Rivals, announced that he will be attending USC.
“I’m just real familiar with Andy Enfield and his style of play,” Price-Martin said. “I feel like I’ll be able to fit in there good, come in and play early and play through my mistakes. That’s what I want.”
Price-Martin is an athlete and a work-in-progress right now. He’s a slender 6-foot-9 forward, but he can handle the ball a little bit as well as step out and his a jumper. He can also change shots on the defensive end of the floor while hitting the offensive glass and finishing in the paint. He needs to add weight and continue to work on his offensive game — extend his range, become a more consistent shooter, add some low-post moves — but he can run and jump, which should help him fit right into Enfield’s uptempo system.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)