Jul 29, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Andy Enfield has landed a couple of transfers since he’s taken over the USC program and brought #DunkCity out west.
If you ask Tim Floyd, he’ll probably tell you that Enfield has all-but earned himself a commitment from Isaac Hamilton, the UTEP-signee.
But on Sunday, Enfield finally landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, the first real recruiting class that he’ll put together as a Trojan. Malik Price-Martin, a Florida native and the No. 87 prospect according to Rivals, announced that he will be attending USC.
“I’m just real familiar with Andy Enfield and his style of play,” Price-Martin said. “I feel like I’ll be able to fit in there good, come in and play early and play through my mistakes. That’s what I want.”
Price-Martin is an athlete and a work-in-progress right now. He’s a slender 6-foot-9 forward, but he can handle the ball a little bit as well as step out and his a jumper. He can also change shots on the defensive end of the floor while hitting the offensive glass and finishing in the paint. He needs to add weight and continue to work on his offensive game — extend his range, become a more consistent shooter, add some low-post moves — but he can run and jump, which should help him fit right into Enfield’s uptempo system.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)