Jul 29, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Andy Enfield has landed a couple of transfers since he’s taken over the USC program and brought #DunkCity out west.
If you ask Tim Floyd, he’ll probably tell you that Enfield has all-but earned himself a commitment from Isaac Hamilton, the UTEP-signee.
But on Sunday, Enfield finally landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, the first real recruiting class that he’ll put together as a Trojan. Malik Price-Martin, a Florida native and the No. 87 prospect according to Rivals, announced that he will be attending USC.
“I’m just real familiar with Andy Enfield and his style of play,” Price-Martin said. “I feel like I’ll be able to fit in there good, come in and play early and play through my mistakes. That’s what I want.”
Price-Martin is an athlete and a work-in-progress right now. He’s a slender 6-foot-9 forward, but he can handle the ball a little bit as well as step out and his a jumper. He can also change shots on the defensive end of the floor while hitting the offensive glass and finishing in the paint. He needs to add weight and continue to work on his offensive game — extend his range, become a more consistent shooter, add some low-post moves — but he can run and jump, which should help him fit right into Enfield’s uptempo system.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)