Jul 29, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Andy Enfield has landed a couple of transfers since he’s taken over the USC program and brought #DunkCity out west.
If you ask Tim Floyd, he’ll probably tell you that Enfield has all-but earned himself a commitment from Isaac Hamilton, the UTEP-signee.
But on Sunday, Enfield finally landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, the first real recruiting class that he’ll put together as a Trojan. Malik Price-Martin, a Florida native and the No. 87 prospect according to Rivals, announced that he will be attending USC.
“I’m just real familiar with Andy Enfield and his style of play,” Price-Martin said. “I feel like I’ll be able to fit in there good, come in and play early and play through my mistakes. That’s what I want.”
Price-Martin is an athlete and a work-in-progress right now. He’s a slender 6-foot-9 forward, but he can handle the ball a little bit as well as step out and his a jumper. He can also change shots on the defensive end of the floor while hitting the offensive glass and finishing in the paint. He needs to add weight and continue to work on his offensive game — extend his range, become a more consistent shooter, add some low-post moves — but he can run and jump, which should help him fit right into Enfield’s uptempo system.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)