Jul 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Move over SEC Network, it’s….the Patriot League?
The conference announced Monday afternoon it will be partnering with Campus Insiders to create the Patriot League Network, an all-new digital platform to help the conference grow it’s video and online exploits.
The multi-year agreement will allow the league to live stream hundreds of athletic events, including a number of men’s basketball games. The partnership with Campus Insiders will also allow for digital features and on-demand video content.
All of the Patriot League content will be available through campusinsiders.com. The league already has a deal in place with CBS Sports to televise multiple sporting events from the conference including men’s basketball and football.
“As the Patriot League prepares to launch its digital network this coming year, the partnership with Campus Insiders provides a wonderful gateway to stream contests in multiple sports to our audiences, free of charge,” said Daniel H. Weiss, former President of Lafayette College and outgoing chair of the Patriot League Council of Presidents. “It also will prove to be a great complimentary piece to the League’s CBS Sports Network TV package.”
This is the way conference’s are going now. The more television/digital access they can afford their fans and alumni, the more profit they can keep. It’s definitely not the SEC Network, but for a conference like the Patriot League, it’s a step in the right direction to secure themselves in the arms race that is media/TV rights.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)