Jul 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Move over SEC Network, it’s….the Patriot League?
The conference announced Monday afternoon it will be partnering with Campus Insiders to create the Patriot League Network, an all-new digital platform to help the conference grow it’s video and online exploits.
The multi-year agreement will allow the league to live stream hundreds of athletic events, including a number of men’s basketball games. The partnership with Campus Insiders will also allow for digital features and on-demand video content.
All of the Patriot League content will be available through campusinsiders.com. The league already has a deal in place with CBS Sports to televise multiple sporting events from the conference including men’s basketball and football.
“As the Patriot League prepares to launch its digital network this coming year, the partnership with Campus Insiders provides a wonderful gateway to stream contests in multiple sports to our audiences, free of charge,” said Daniel H. Weiss, former President of Lafayette College and outgoing chair of the Patriot League Council of Presidents. “It also will prove to be a great complimentary piece to the League’s CBS Sports Network TV package.”
This is the way conference’s are going now. The more television/digital access they can afford their fans and alumni, the more profit they can keep. It’s definitely not the SEC Network, but for a conference like the Patriot League, it’s a step in the right direction to secure themselves in the arms race that is media/TV rights.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)