Jul 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Move over SEC Network, it’s….the Patriot League?
The conference announced Monday afternoon it will be partnering with Campus Insiders to create the Patriot League Network, an all-new digital platform to help the conference grow it’s video and online exploits.
The multi-year agreement will allow the league to live stream hundreds of athletic events, including a number of men’s basketball games. The partnership with Campus Insiders will also allow for digital features and on-demand video content.
All of the Patriot League content will be available through campusinsiders.com. The league already has a deal in place with CBS Sports to televise multiple sporting events from the conference including men’s basketball and football.
“As the Patriot League prepares to launch its digital network this coming year, the partnership with Campus Insiders provides a wonderful gateway to stream contests in multiple sports to our audiences, free of charge,” said Daniel H. Weiss, former President of Lafayette College and outgoing chair of the Patriot League Council of Presidents. “It also will prove to be a great complimentary piece to the League’s CBS Sports Network TV package.”
This is the way conference’s are going now. The more television/digital access they can afford their fans and alumni, the more profit they can keep. It’s definitely not the SEC Network, but for a conference like the Patriot League, it’s a step in the right direction to secure themselves in the arms race that is media/TV rights.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)