Jul 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Move over SEC Network, it’s….the Patriot League?
The conference announced Monday afternoon it will be partnering with Campus Insiders to create the Patriot League Network, an all-new digital platform to help the conference grow it’s video and online exploits.
The multi-year agreement will allow the league to live stream hundreds of athletic events, including a number of men’s basketball games. The partnership with Campus Insiders will also allow for digital features and on-demand video content.
All of the Patriot League content will be available through campusinsiders.com. The league already has a deal in place with CBS Sports to televise multiple sporting events from the conference including men’s basketball and football.
“As the Patriot League prepares to launch its digital network this coming year, the partnership with Campus Insiders provides a wonderful gateway to stream contests in multiple sports to our audiences, free of charge,” said Daniel H. Weiss, former President of Lafayette College and outgoing chair of the Patriot League Council of Presidents. “It also will prove to be a great complimentary piece to the League’s CBS Sports Network TV package.”
This is the way conference’s are going now. The more television/digital access they can afford their fans and alumni, the more profit they can keep. It’s definitely not the SEC Network, but for a conference like the Patriot League, it’s a step in the right direction to secure themselves in the arms race that is media/TV rights.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 30
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)