Jul 29, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Move over SEC Network, it’s….the Patriot League?
The conference announced Monday afternoon it will be partnering with Campus Insiders to create the Patriot League Network, an all-new digital platform to help the conference grow it’s video and online exploits.
The multi-year agreement will allow the league to live stream hundreds of athletic events, including a number of men’s basketball games. The partnership with Campus Insiders will also allow for digital features and on-demand video content.
All of the Patriot League content will be available through campusinsiders.com. The league already has a deal in place with CBS Sports to televise multiple sporting events from the conference including men’s basketball and football.
“As the Patriot League prepares to launch its digital network this coming year, the partnership with Campus Insiders provides a wonderful gateway to stream contests in multiple sports to our audiences, free of charge,” said Daniel H. Weiss, former President of Lafayette College and outgoing chair of the Patriot League Council of Presidents. “It also will prove to be a great complimentary piece to the League’s CBS Sports Network TV package.”
This is the way conference’s are going now. The more television/digital access they can afford their fans and alumni, the more profit they can keep. It’s definitely not the SEC Network, but for a conference like the Patriot League, it’s a step in the right direction to secure themselves in the arms race that is media/TV rights.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)