Jul 30, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Jay Wright has added a second commitment in the Class of 2014, as Phil Booth committed to the Wildcats on Tuesday afternoon.
“I am committed to be a student-athlete at the University of Villanova,” Booth tweeted. (We’re just going to go ahead and ignore the whole wrongly-named school thing.)
Booth is a good get for Wright. A Baltimore native, Booth played his AAU ball for Nike’s Team Takeover. He held offers from both Georgetown and Maryland, where his Takeover teammate Dion Wiley recently committed to play. He was reportedly planning to visit Indiana, where former Takeover staffer Kenny Johnson is currently an assistant coach.
And Wright managed to earn the commitment. That’s impressive.
Booth should fit in well with what Wright likes to do. An athletic, 6-foot-2 lead guard, Booth can play the role of point guard but is also comfortable in a role as a primary scorer. Guards of that ilk — Randy Foye, Allan Ray, Scottie Reynolds, Corey Fisher, Ryan Arcidiacono — have had success with the Wildcats.
Booth is ranked 78th in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He joins Mikael Bridges as Villanova’s 2014 commits.
(Image via Kelly Kline/UA)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)