Jul 30, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Trey Lyles is down to only four schools — Butler, Florida, Kentucky and Louisville — but on Tuesday afternoon sent out a tweet (since deleted), making a recruiting pitch of his own to one of the teams on Tobacco Road.
I still wish UNC would have recruited me!!
— Trey Lyles (@TreyMambaLyles) July 30, 2013
It’s unclear as to why the 6-foot-10 Arsenal Tech (Ind.) power forward decided now to express his interest in North Carolina. The five-star power forward will in all likelihood only make a trip to Chapel Hill as an opponent, as Roger Kuznia of Sporting News pointed out.
The Tar Heels roster for the 2013-2014 season consists of forwards James Michael McAdoo, Brice Johnson, Desmond Hubert, Joel James and incoming big men Isaiah Hicks and Kennedy Meeks. All of six of them can return for the following season if McAdoo once again decides not to declare for the NBA Draft.
Regardless of Lyles’ latest tweet, this will likely end well for all parties. Lyles has the chance to play for a contender in either the ACC, Big East or SEC.
The Tar Heels may have been in a good position had they gone after Lyles, though, Roy Williams’ Class of 2014 is already strong with five-star forwards Theo Pinson and Justin Jackson and four-star point guard Joel Berry.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)