Jul 30, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Erick Green ended his career with Virginia Tech as the ACC Player of the Year. Even though he was selected in last month’s NBA Draft and played in the Las Vegas Summer League with the Denver Nuggets, Green will play in Europe next season.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday that Green had agreed to a on-year deal with Siena of the Euroleague. Siena has won seven consecutive Italian League titles.
The 6-foot-4 Green lead the nation in scoring with 25.0 points per game. He was selected 46th overall in June’s draft by the Utah Jazz. Later that night the Nuggets traded for the rights to Green. Wojnarowski stated that Denver will stay in contact with Siena coach Marco Crespi throughout the season. Woj reported that Denver has a full roster of contracts for the 2013-2014 season.
The ACC Player of the Year averaged 9.3 points per game for Denver in six games during the Vegas summer league.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 3
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 5
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 60
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (60)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)