Jul 30, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Erick Green ended his career with Virginia Tech as the ACC Player of the Year. Even though he was selected in last month’s NBA Draft and played in the Las Vegas Summer League with the Denver Nuggets, Green will play in Europe next season.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday that Green had agreed to a on-year deal with Siena of the Euroleague. Siena has won seven consecutive Italian League titles.
The 6-foot-4 Green lead the nation in scoring with 25.0 points per game. He was selected 46th overall in June’s draft by the Utah Jazz. Later that night the Nuggets traded for the rights to Green. Wojnarowski stated that Denver will stay in contact with Siena coach Marco Crespi throughout the season. Woj reported that Denver has a full roster of contracts for the 2013-2014 season.
The ACC Player of the Year averaged 9.3 points per game for Denver in six games during the Vegas summer league.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)