Jul 30, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Erick Green ended his career with Virginia Tech as the ACC Player of the Year. Even though he was selected in last month’s NBA Draft and played in the Las Vegas Summer League with the Denver Nuggets, Green will play in Europe next season.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday that Green had agreed to a on-year deal with Siena of the Euroleague. Siena has won seven consecutive Italian League titles.
The 6-foot-4 Green lead the nation in scoring with 25.0 points per game. He was selected 46th overall in June’s draft by the Utah Jazz. Later that night the Nuggets traded for the rights to Green. Wojnarowski stated that Denver will stay in contact with Siena coach Marco Crespi throughout the season. Woj reported that Denver has a full roster of contracts for the 2013-2014 season.
The ACC Player of the Year averaged 9.3 points per game for Denver in six games during the Vegas summer league.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)