Jul 30, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Erick Green ended his career with Virginia Tech as the ACC Player of the Year. Even though he was selected in last month’s NBA Draft and played in the Las Vegas Summer League with the Denver Nuggets, Green will play in Europe next season.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday that Green had agreed to a on-year deal with Siena of the Euroleague. Siena has won seven consecutive Italian League titles.
The 6-foot-4 Green lead the nation in scoring with 25.0 points per game. He was selected 46th overall in June’s draft by the Utah Jazz. Later that night the Nuggets traded for the rights to Green. Wojnarowski stated that Denver will stay in contact with Siena coach Marco Crespi throughout the season. Woj reported that Denver has a full roster of contracts for the 2013-2014 season.
The ACC Player of the Year averaged 9.3 points per game for Denver in six games during the Vegas summer league.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)