Jul 30, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Erick Green ended his career with Virginia Tech as the ACC Player of the Year. Even though he was selected in last month’s NBA Draft and played in the Las Vegas Summer League with the Denver Nuggets, Green will play in Europe next season.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported on Tuesday that Green had agreed to a on-year deal with Siena of the Euroleague. Siena has won seven consecutive Italian League titles.
The 6-foot-4 Green lead the nation in scoring with 25.0 points per game. He was selected 46th overall in June’s draft by the Utah Jazz. Later that night the Nuggets traded for the rights to Green. Wojnarowski stated that Denver will stay in contact with Siena coach Marco Crespi throughout the season. Woj reported that Denver has a full roster of contracts for the 2013-2014 season.
The ACC Player of the Year averaged 9.3 points per game for Denver in six games during the Vegas summer league.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)