Jul 31, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
You’d think with the resurgence that the Indiana program has undergone with Tom Crean as head coach, now would be a good time for basketball fans to be a student at IU.
And it is, as long as you don’t have your heart set on attending every Hoosier home game.
The student section capacity at Assembly Hall is 7,800. According to Inside The Hall, there have already been 15,500 student season tickets sold, which means that, at best, each student that has purchased a season ticket will be able to attend eight of Indiana’s 16 home games.
It gets worse.
100 more season tickets, and that number drops even farther. From the Indiana Daily Student:
Should sales top 15,600 — [assistant athletic director for ticket operations Michael] Roberts said IU has no plans to shut down student season ticket sales this year as it did last year when it capped sales at 12,400 so students would get tickets to 10 games — students might have even fewer games in their ticket package.
“Should the sales surpass 15,600, some students by lottery may receive fewer games in order to accommodate the additional sales unless the department should determine at some point to cut off sales once it has surpassed 15,600,” Roberts said.
With a marquee non-conference home game unlikely next season, I’d hate to be the guy that got stuck with tickets to the Evansville, North Florida, Oakland, Kennesaw State, Nebraska and Penn State games.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)