Jul 31, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
You’d think with the resurgence that the Indiana program has undergone with Tom Crean as head coach, now would be a good time for basketball fans to be a student at IU.
And it is, as long as you don’t have your heart set on attending every Hoosier home game.
The student section capacity at Assembly Hall is 7,800. According to Inside The Hall, there have already been 15,500 student season tickets sold, which means that, at best, each student that has purchased a season ticket will be able to attend eight of Indiana’s 16 home games.
It gets worse.
100 more season tickets, and that number drops even farther. From the Indiana Daily Student:
Should sales top 15,600 — [assistant athletic director for ticket operations Michael] Roberts said IU has no plans to shut down student season ticket sales this year as it did last year when it capped sales at 12,400 so students would get tickets to 10 games — students might have even fewer games in their ticket package.
“Should the sales surpass 15,600, some students by lottery may receive fewer games in order to accommodate the additional sales unless the department should determine at some point to cut off sales once it has surpassed 15,600,” Roberts said.
With a marquee non-conference home game unlikely next season, I’d hate to be the guy that got stuck with tickets to the Evansville, North Florida, Oakland, Kennesaw State, Nebraska and Penn State games.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)