Jul 31, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
You’d think with the resurgence that the Indiana program has undergone with Tom Crean as head coach, now would be a good time for basketball fans to be a student at IU.
And it is, as long as you don’t have your heart set on attending every Hoosier home game.
The student section capacity at Assembly Hall is 7,800. According to Inside The Hall, there have already been 15,500 student season tickets sold, which means that, at best, each student that has purchased a season ticket will be able to attend eight of Indiana’s 16 home games.
It gets worse.
100 more season tickets, and that number drops even farther. From the Indiana Daily Student:
Should sales top 15,600 — [assistant athletic director for ticket operations Michael] Roberts said IU has no plans to shut down student season ticket sales this year as it did last year when it capped sales at 12,400 so students would get tickets to 10 games — students might have even fewer games in their ticket package.
“Should the sales surpass 15,600, some students by lottery may receive fewer games in order to accommodate the additional sales unless the department should determine at some point to cut off sales once it has surpassed 15,600,” Roberts said.
With a marquee non-conference home game unlikely next season, I’d hate to be the guy that got stuck with tickets to the Evansville, North Florida, Oakland, Kennesaw State, Nebraska and Penn State games.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)