Jul 31, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
On Wednesday afternoon, St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin announced that Director of Basketball Operations Moe Hicks will return to coaching the high school ranks.
“As the Director of Basketball Operations, Moe Hicks has been a valuable contributor to our program,” said Lavin. “We appreciate Moe’s efforts and wish him the best as he returns to his passion of coaching basketball.”
“It has been a great experience working at St. John’s under Coach Lavin. He has built a national program and I wish him and the team all the best,” said Hicks.
Prior to joining St. John’s, Hicks had spent 16 years as the head coach at NYC powerhouse Rice HS. He also took part in the Gauchos AAU program in an administrative role. That’s the program that Mo Harkless played for, and that may be what Hicks’ tenure at St. John’s is best known for. Due to the NCAA limiting package deals, there was concern that the eventual first round pick wouldn’t be allowed to play as a freshman with the Johnnies.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)