Jul 31, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin announced that Director of Basketball Operations Moe Hicks will return to coaching the high school ranks.
“As the Director of Basketball Operations, Moe Hicks has been a valuable contributor to our program,” said Lavin. “We appreciate Moe’s efforts and wish him the best as he returns to his passion of coaching basketball.”
“It has been a great experience working at St. John’s under Coach Lavin. He has built a national program and I wish him and the team all the best,” said Hicks.
Prior to joining St. John’s, Hicks had spent 16 years as the head coach at NYC powerhouse Rice HS. He also took part in the Gauchos AAU program in an administrative role. That’s the program that Mo Harkless played for, and that may be what Hicks’ tenure at St. John’s is best known for. Due to the NCAA limiting package deals, there was concern that the eventual first round pick wouldn’t be allowed to play as a freshman with the Johnnies.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)