Jul 31, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, St. John’s head coach Steve Lavin announced that Director of Basketball Operations Moe Hicks will return to coaching the high school ranks.
“As the Director of Basketball Operations, Moe Hicks has been a valuable contributor to our program,” said Lavin. “We appreciate Moe’s efforts and wish him the best as he returns to his passion of coaching basketball.”
“It has been a great experience working at St. John’s under Coach Lavin. He has built a national program and I wish him and the team all the best,” said Hicks.
Prior to joining St. John’s, Hicks had spent 16 years as the head coach at NYC powerhouse Rice HS. He also took part in the Gauchos AAU program in an administrative role. That’s the program that Mo Harkless played for, and that may be what Hicks’ tenure at St. John’s is best known for. Due to the NCAA limiting package deals, there was concern that the eventual first round pick wouldn’t be allowed to play as a freshman with the Johnnies.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)