Jul 31, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
So much for UAB’s Fab Five.
On Wednesday afternoon, Birmingham, AL, native Justin Coleman committed to play his college hoops for Alabama.
Coleman is the No. 92 recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, despite being just 5-foot-10 and weighing in at 155 pounds.
“I just made that decision today because I really liked coach (Anthony) Grant and his style and the trust they put in me,” Coleman told AL.com. “I feel like it is the right and perfect school for me.”
Coleman is the first member of Alabama’s 2014 recruiting class to commit.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (24)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)