Jul 31, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
So much for UAB’s Fab Five.
On Wednesday afternoon, Birmingham, AL, native Justin Coleman committed to play his college hoops for Alabama.
Coleman is the No. 92 recruit in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, despite being just 5-foot-10 and weighing in at 155 pounds.
“I just made that decision today because I really liked coach (Anthony) Grant and his style and the trust they put in me,” Coleman told AL.com. “I feel like it is the right and perfect school for me.”
Coleman is the first member of Alabama’s 2014 recruiting class to commit.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)