Aug 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Former Kentucky point guard Michael Porter was denied probation on Thursday, getting sentenced to two years in prison after pleading guilty to two charges of sexual abuse of a minor.
Porter was arrested in a sting operation last May that yielded evidence that he had sexual contact with a minor. The acts took place between November of 2009 and April of 2010 when Porter was 22 and the girl was 14 and 15 years old. Porter met the girl in a church group in which he was the leader.
Porter averaged 2.7 points during three seasons with the Wildcats. He never used his final season of eligibility, with his career coming to an end in the 2008-2009 season. He was one of the players that left the program when John Calipari took over, but where others accused Coach Cal of “running them off”, Porter left to spend more time with his family.
This hasn’t been a good week for former Kentucky Wildcats.
Yesterday, Terrence Jones was arrested for allegedly stomping on the leg of a sleeping homeless man after leaving a club in Portland.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)