Aug 1, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Rick Barnes has landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Jordan Barnett has decided to become a Longhorn.
Barnett is ranked 85th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. A 6-foot-7 wing, Barnett is athletic and a finisher around the basket. He can also step out and knock down a three when he’s left open.
Where Barnett tends to struggle is in his aggressiveness. I saw him at the Nike Global Challenge, and he disappeared far too often in his team’s games. He could also stand to improve his mid-range game, as his confidence attacking the basket off the dribble may be one of the reasons that he can be too passive.
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 0
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 3
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 6
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)