Aug 1, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Rick Barnes has landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Jordan Barnett has decided to become a Longhorn.
Barnett is ranked 85th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. A 6-foot-7 wing, Barnett is athletic and a finisher around the basket. He can also step out and knock down a three when he’s left open.
Where Barnett tends to struggle is in his aggressiveness. I saw him at the Nike Global Challenge, and he disappeared far too often in his team’s games. He could also stand to improve his mid-range game, as his confidence attacking the basket off the dribble may be one of the reasons that he can be too passive.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)