Aug 1, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Rick Barnes has landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Jordan Barnett has decided to become a Longhorn.
Barnett is ranked 85th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. A 6-foot-7 wing, Barnett is athletic and a finisher around the basket. He can also step out and knock down a three when he’s left open.
Where Barnett tends to struggle is in his aggressiveness. I saw him at the Nike Global Challenge, and he disappeared far too often in his team’s games. He could also stand to improve his mid-range game, as his confidence attacking the basket off the dribble may be one of the reasons that he can be too passive.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 1
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)