Aug 1, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Rick Barnes has landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Jordan Barnett has decided to become a Longhorn.
Barnett is ranked 85th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. A 6-foot-7 wing, Barnett is athletic and a finisher around the basket. He can also step out and knock down a three when he’s left open.
Where Barnett tends to struggle is in his aggressiveness. I saw him at the Nike Global Challenge, and he disappeared far too often in his team’s games. He could also stand to improve his mid-range game, as his confidence attacking the basket off the dribble may be one of the reasons that he can be too passive.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)