Aug 1, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Rick Barnes has landed his first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Jordan Barnett has decided to become a Longhorn.
Barnett is ranked 85th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. A 6-foot-7 wing, Barnett is athletic and a finisher around the basket. He can also step out and knock down a three when he’s left open.
Where Barnett tends to struggle is in his aggressiveness. I saw him at the Nike Global Challenge, and he disappeared far too often in his team’s games. He could also stand to improve his mid-range game, as his confidence attacking the basket off the dribble may be one of the reasons that he can be too passive.
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)