Aug 3, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
We’ve seen a lot of new basketball floors go in this past offseason, and most of them have been colorful and inventive, to say the least.
The latest school to announce that a new court will go in is Marshall, though we don’t know yet what the design will be. Given the school’s unique nickname, I have high hopes.
The Huntington Herald-Dispatch has the lowdown on the costs associated with the new floor, which is actually one of the smaller investments the school is making as far as sports facilities upgrades this summer.
The mainstay of the facilities upgrades are coming through the Vision Campaign, which was launched in 2011 and represent a $30 million project that, once completed, will feature an $8 million soccer complex, an indoor practice facility, Hall of Fame, academic support center and Sports Medicine Translational Research Center.
There has also been $3 million construction of additional luxury suites and a new elevator at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Hamrick said Friday that project is on time for completion prior to the Aug. 31 football home opener against Miami (Ohio). As soon as that project is finished, renovations will shift to Cam Henderson Center where a new basketball floor will be put down in time for the 2013-14 men’s and women’s basketball season at a cost of $160,912.22.
While the basketball team won’t see much in the way of direct improvement to their own building, the new academic and sports medicine facilities should be a boon to hoopsters as well as the school’s other athletes.
We’ll keep an eye out for the new floor design, with fingers crossed for a rampaging gang of Bison bison as a personal preference.
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)