Aug 3, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
We’ve seen a lot of new basketball floors go in this past offseason, and most of them have been colorful and inventive, to say the least.
The latest school to announce that a new court will go in is Marshall, though we don’t know yet what the design will be. Given the school’s unique nickname, I have high hopes.
The Huntington Herald-Dispatch has the lowdown on the costs associated with the new floor, which is actually one of the smaller investments the school is making as far as sports facilities upgrades this summer.
The mainstay of the facilities upgrades are coming through the Vision Campaign, which was launched in 2011 and represent a $30 million project that, once completed, will feature an $8 million soccer complex, an indoor practice facility, Hall of Fame, academic support center and Sports Medicine Translational Research Center.
There has also been $3 million construction of additional luxury suites and a new elevator at Joan C. Edwards Stadium. Hamrick said Friday that project is on time for completion prior to the Aug. 31 football home opener against Miami (Ohio). As soon as that project is finished, renovations will shift to Cam Henderson Center where a new basketball floor will be put down in time for the 2013-14 men’s and women’s basketball season at a cost of $160,912.22.
While the basketball team won’t see much in the way of direct improvement to their own building, the new academic and sports medicine facilities should be a boon to hoopsters as well as the school’s other athletes.
We’ll keep an eye out for the new floor design, with fingers crossed for a rampaging gang of Bison bison as a personal preference.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)