Aug 4, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
On Saturday, August 3rd, rising Georgia Tech sophomore guard Christopher Bolden was arrested on multiple charges: purchase or possession of alcohol my a minor, speeding, improper lane change, and driving under the influence — drugs/alcohol.
Georgia Tech has not released a statement regarding these charges.
Just last December, Georgia Tech assistant coach Josh Postorino was arrested for driving under the influence while on a recruiting trip in Florida. The school released the following statement on Postorino: “[Postorino will take an] indefinite period of time in order to deal with personal issues.”
It remains to be seen how Georgia Tech will handle this situation with Bolden, but if we are to go by history, he may see an indefinite suspension like his coach, Postorino.
As a freshman, Bolden was an integral part of the program averaging 7.3 points per game in nearly 24 minutes of action.
Bolden attended North Gwinett high school, just a 30 minute drive from the Georgia Tech campus.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)