Aug 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
UAB basketball has several reasons to be excited heading into the 2013-14 season: they went 8-5 down the stretch, return nearly their entire team save for Terrence Jones, and look to be a contender in the new-look Conference USA.
On Friday afternoon, assistant coach Rob Ehsan tweeted out another reason that UAB can be excited for the coming season:
According to the UAB athletics website:
The current 1,010 square foot locker room will be expanded to approximately 1,500 square feet and include a state-of-the-art locker room and team lounge. The enhanced locker room will also include a coaches locker room and lounge, nutrition room, and walnut wood veneer player lockers.
Blaze, a fire-breathing European dragon and official mascot of the UAB, certainly has a prominent place in the locker room, don’t you think?
- Bubble Banter: Who will close out the regular season with a bid-earning win? 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)