Aug 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
UAB basketball has several reasons to be excited heading into the 2013-14 season: they went 8-5 down the stretch, return nearly their entire team save for Terrence Jones, and look to be a contender in the new-look Conference USA.
On Friday afternoon, assistant coach Rob Ehsan tweeted out another reason that UAB can be excited for the coming season:
According to the UAB athletics website:
The current 1,010 square foot locker room will be expanded to approximately 1,500 square feet and include a state-of-the-art locker room and team lounge. The enhanced locker room will also include a coaches locker room and lounge, nutrition room, and walnut wood veneer player lockers.
Blaze, a fire-breathing European dragon and official mascot of the UAB, certainly has a prominent place in the locker room, don’t you think?
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)