Aug 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
UAB basketball has several reasons to be excited heading into the 2013-14 season: they went 8-5 down the stretch, return nearly their entire team save for Terrence Jones, and look to be a contender in the new-look Conference USA.
On Friday afternoon, assistant coach Rob Ehsan tweeted out another reason that UAB can be excited for the coming season:
According to the UAB athletics website:
The current 1,010 square foot locker room will be expanded to approximately 1,500 square feet and include a state-of-the-art locker room and team lounge. The enhanced locker room will also include a coaches locker room and lounge, nutrition room, and walnut wood veneer player lockers.
Blaze, a fire-breathing European dragon and official mascot of the UAB, certainly has a prominent place in the locker room, don’t you think?
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)