Aug 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
UAB basketball has several reasons to be excited heading into the 2013-14 season: they went 8-5 down the stretch, return nearly their entire team save for Terrence Jones, and look to be a contender in the new-look Conference USA.
On Friday afternoon, assistant coach Rob Ehsan tweeted out another reason that UAB can be excited for the coming season:
According to the UAB athletics website:
The current 1,010 square foot locker room will be expanded to approximately 1,500 square feet and include a state-of-the-art locker room and team lounge. The enhanced locker room will also include a coaches locker room and lounge, nutrition room, and walnut wood veneer player lockers.
Blaze, a fire-breathing European dragon and official mascot of the UAB, certainly has a prominent place in the locker room, don’t you think?
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)