Aug 4, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
UAB basketball has several reasons to be excited heading into the 2013-14 season: they went 8-5 down the stretch, return nearly their entire team save for Terrence Jones, and look to be a contender in the new-look Conference USA.
On Friday afternoon, assistant coach Rob Ehsan tweeted out another reason that UAB can be excited for the coming season:
According to the UAB athletics website:
The current 1,010 square foot locker room will be expanded to approximately 1,500 square feet and include a state-of-the-art locker room and team lounge. The enhanced locker room will also include a coaches locker room and lounge, nutrition room, and walnut wood veneer player lockers.
Blaze, a fire-breathing European dragon and official mascot of the UAB, certainly has a prominent place in the locker room, don’t you think?
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss 3
- Michigan’s process of adjusting to key personnel losses hasn’t been a smooth one 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)