Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Following the night after Big Blue Nation, Kentucky’s Rupp Arena will play host to three former Wildcats.
On Oct. 19, Anthony Davis, Darius Miller and the New Orleans Pelicans will go head-to-head with John Wall and his Washington Wizards. The Bluegrass Sports Commission and Global Sports Management announced the scheduled preseason NBA this past Wednesday.
“This game will be an exciting weekend of basketball for Kentucky fans,” President Global Sports Management Maury Hanks said in a statement. “They can start off the weekend with Big Blue Madness on Friday and an NBA game on Saturday.”
“We are excited to partner with Global Sports Management to bring this unique event to Rupp Arena,” Bluegrass Sports Commission Executive Director Terry Johnson added. “It will bring thousands of fans to central Kentucky and be a terrific addition to our sports calendar.”
The somewhat extended Big Blue Madness welcomes back Davis and Wall, who both only spent a year in Lexington. Of course both had highly-anticipated appearances at the annual season tip-off, including Wall who used Rupp Arena as his own stage for his signature dance. Although it’s an exhibition NBA game, one intriguing storylines of the event is that neither Davis or Wall lost a game inside Rupp Arena.
“I am very excited to return to Rupp and compete with two of the BBN’s finest and members of the Wildcat family, John Wall and my teammate, Darius Miller,” Davis sad.
Tickets for the event went on sale last Friday with prices ranging from $10-$250 a ticket.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)