Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Following the night after Big Blue Nation, Kentucky’s Rupp Arena will play host to three former Wildcats.
On Oct. 19, Anthony Davis, Darius Miller and the New Orleans Pelicans will go head-to-head with John Wall and his Washington Wizards. The Bluegrass Sports Commission and Global Sports Management announced the scheduled preseason NBA this past Wednesday.
“This game will be an exciting weekend of basketball for Kentucky fans,” President Global Sports Management Maury Hanks said in a statement. “They can start off the weekend with Big Blue Madness on Friday and an NBA game on Saturday.”
“We are excited to partner with Global Sports Management to bring this unique event to Rupp Arena,” Bluegrass Sports Commission Executive Director Terry Johnson added. “It will bring thousands of fans to central Kentucky and be a terrific addition to our sports calendar.”
The somewhat extended Big Blue Madness welcomes back Davis and Wall, who both only spent a year in Lexington. Of course both had highly-anticipated appearances at the annual season tip-off, including Wall who used Rupp Arena as his own stage for his signature dance. Although it’s an exhibition NBA game, one intriguing storylines of the event is that neither Davis or Wall lost a game inside Rupp Arena.
“I am very excited to return to Rupp and compete with two of the BBN’s finest and members of the Wildcat family, John Wall and my teammate, Darius Miller,” Davis sad.
Tickets for the event went on sale last Friday with prices ranging from $10-$250 a ticket.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)