Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
Following the night after Big Blue Nation, Kentucky’s Rupp Arena will play host to three former Wildcats.
On Oct. 19, Anthony Davis, Darius Miller and the New Orleans Pelicans will go head-to-head with John Wall and his Washington Wizards. The Bluegrass Sports Commission and Global Sports Management announced the scheduled preseason NBA this past Wednesday.
“This game will be an exciting weekend of basketball for Kentucky fans,” President Global Sports Management Maury Hanks said in a statement. “They can start off the weekend with Big Blue Madness on Friday and an NBA game on Saturday.”
“We are excited to partner with Global Sports Management to bring this unique event to Rupp Arena,” Bluegrass Sports Commission Executive Director Terry Johnson added. “It will bring thousands of fans to central Kentucky and be a terrific addition to our sports calendar.”
The somewhat extended Big Blue Madness welcomes back Davis and Wall, who both only spent a year in Lexington. Of course both had highly-anticipated appearances at the annual season tip-off, including Wall who used Rupp Arena as his own stage for his signature dance. Although it’s an exhibition NBA game, one intriguing storylines of the event is that neither Davis or Wall lost a game inside Rupp Arena.
“I am very excited to return to Rupp and compete with two of the BBN’s finest and members of the Wildcat family, John Wall and my teammate, Darius Miller,” Davis sad.
Tickets for the event went on sale last Friday with prices ranging from $10-$250 a ticket.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)