Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Following the night after Big Blue Nation, Kentucky’s Rupp Arena will play host to three former Wildcats.
On Oct. 19, Anthony Davis, Darius Miller and the New Orleans Pelicans will go head-to-head with John Wall and his Washington Wizards. The Bluegrass Sports Commission and Global Sports Management announced the scheduled preseason NBA this past Wednesday.
“This game will be an exciting weekend of basketball for Kentucky fans,” President Global Sports Management Maury Hanks said in a statement. “They can start off the weekend with Big Blue Madness on Friday and an NBA game on Saturday.”
“We are excited to partner with Global Sports Management to bring this unique event to Rupp Arena,” Bluegrass Sports Commission Executive Director Terry Johnson added. “It will bring thousands of fans to central Kentucky and be a terrific addition to our sports calendar.”
The somewhat extended Big Blue Madness welcomes back Davis and Wall, who both only spent a year in Lexington. Of course both had highly-anticipated appearances at the annual season tip-off, including Wall who used Rupp Arena as his own stage for his signature dance. Although it’s an exhibition NBA game, one intriguing storylines of the event is that neither Davis or Wall lost a game inside Rupp Arena.
“I am very excited to return to Rupp and compete with two of the BBN’s finest and members of the Wildcat family, John Wall and my teammate, Darius Miller,” Davis sad.
Tickets for the event went on sale last Friday with prices ranging from $10-$250 a ticket.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)