Aug 5, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
For the third time in as many years, former four-star recruit Sidiki Johnson will enroll at a new school.
After stops in Tuscon and Providence, the Brooklyn native is on his way to Mt. Carmel, Ill., committing to Wabash Valley College on Monday morning, the school announced.
The 6-foot-10 power forward, ranked No. 86 overall in the Class of 2011 by Rivals, started his collegiate career at Arizona where he played only three games before transferring to Providence midway through his freshman campaign. After sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules, Johnson made his debut with the Friars on Dec. 18 in a win against Colgate. Johnson played in 11 games, averaging 3.9 points, and 5.1 rebounds per game.
He left the team due to personal reasons in February.
Johnson is joining a junior college program that finished with a 17-14 (8-8 Great Rivers Athletic Conference) record this past season. Wabash Valley has produced dozens of Division I players over the years, most recently Chris Griffin, a 6-foot-8 forward ranked No. 23 in the nation by JuCoRecruiting.com, who committed to Auburn for next season.
The first two years of his college career haven’t been ideal, but at least Johnson’s back to basketball, and more importantly school.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Duke Blue Devils 0
- The ten biggest surprises in college basketball in 2014-2015 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: UConn Huskies 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor remains on top 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Louisville Cardinals 0
- North Carolina, Marcus Paige remain confident because the emergence of freshman guard 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)
- One suitor for Duke transfer hopes to land him despite not having an available scholarship (3)