Aug 5, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
For the third time in as many years, former four-star recruit Sidiki Johnson will enroll at a new school.
After stops in Tuscon and Providence, the Brooklyn native is on his way to Mt. Carmel, Ill., committing to Wabash Valley College on Monday morning, the school announced.
The 6-foot-10 power forward, ranked No. 86 overall in the Class of 2011 by Rivals, started his collegiate career at Arizona where he played only three games before transferring to Providence midway through his freshman campaign. After sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules, Johnson made his debut with the Friars on Dec. 18 in a win against Colgate. Johnson played in 11 games, averaging 3.9 points, and 5.1 rebounds per game.
He left the team due to personal reasons in February.
Johnson is joining a junior college program that finished with a 17-14 (8-8 Great Rivers Athletic Conference) record this past season. Wabash Valley has produced dozens of Division I players over the years, most recently Chris Griffin, a 6-foot-8 forward ranked No. 23 in the nation by JuCoRecruiting.com, who committed to Auburn for next season.
The first two years of his college career haven’t been ideal, but at least Johnson’s back to basketball, and more importantly school.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)