Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
While participating in adidas Nations Indiana rising junior forward Will Sheehey collided with Kansas incoming freshman center Joel Embiid, which caused Sheehey to be helped off the floor by two people.
Sheehey was the second forward in as many days to go down with an injury. Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell went down with a knee injury, which ended the adidas Nations for the 6-foot-10 Harrell. Both these forwards will have to fill bigger roles next season for their respective teams, and could both be primed for big seasons.
With Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo, Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls all gone this season that leaves Sheehey as the team’s top returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The 6-foot-7 Sheehey was a very effective sixth man for the Hoosiers and will be the experienced forward in an Indiana frontcourt that adds incoming forward Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams as well as center Luke Fischer.
Luckily for Tom Crean and Co. Sheehey’s ankle injury doesn’t appear to sound serious.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)