Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
While participating in adidas Nations Indiana rising junior forward Will Sheehey collided with Kansas incoming freshman center Joel Embiid, which caused Sheehey to be helped off the floor by two people.
Sheehey was the second forward in as many days to go down with an injury. Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell went down with a knee injury, which ended the adidas Nations for the 6-foot-10 Harrell. Both these forwards will have to fill bigger roles next season for their respective teams, and could both be primed for big seasons.
With Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo, Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls all gone this season that leaves Sheehey as the team’s top returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The 6-foot-7 Sheehey was a very effective sixth man for the Hoosiers and will be the experienced forward in an Indiana frontcourt that adds incoming forward Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams as well as center Luke Fischer.
Luckily for Tom Crean and Co. Sheehey’s ankle injury doesn’t appear to sound serious.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)