Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
While participating in adidas Nations Indiana rising junior forward Will Sheehey collided with Kansas incoming freshman center Joel Embiid, which caused Sheehey to be helped off the floor by two people.
Sheehey was the second forward in as many days to go down with an injury. Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell went down with a knee injury, which ended the adidas Nations for the 6-foot-10 Harrell. Both these forwards will have to fill bigger roles next season for their respective teams, and could both be primed for big seasons.
With Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo, Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls all gone this season that leaves Sheehey as the team’s top returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The 6-foot-7 Sheehey was a very effective sixth man for the Hoosiers and will be the experienced forward in an Indiana frontcourt that adds incoming forward Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams as well as center Luke Fischer.
Luckily for Tom Crean and Co. Sheehey’s ankle injury doesn’t appear to sound serious.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)