Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
While participating in adidas Nations Indiana rising junior forward Will Sheehey collided with Kansas incoming freshman center Joel Embiid, which caused Sheehey to be helped off the floor by two people.
Sheehey was the second forward in as many days to go down with an injury. Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell went down with a knee injury, which ended the adidas Nations for the 6-foot-10 Harrell. Both these forwards will have to fill bigger roles next season for their respective teams, and could both be primed for big seasons.
With Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo, Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls all gone this season that leaves Sheehey as the team’s top returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The 6-foot-7 Sheehey was a very effective sixth man for the Hoosiers and will be the experienced forward in an Indiana frontcourt that adds incoming forward Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams as well as center Luke Fischer.
Luckily for Tom Crean and Co. Sheehey’s ankle injury doesn’t appear to sound serious.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)