Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
While participating in adidas Nations Indiana rising junior forward Will Sheehey collided with Kansas incoming freshman center Joel Embiid, which caused Sheehey to be helped off the floor by two people.
Sheehey was the second forward in as many days to go down with an injury. Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell went down with a knee injury, which ended the adidas Nations for the 6-foot-10 Harrell. Both these forwards will have to fill bigger roles next season for their respective teams, and could both be primed for big seasons.
With Cody Zeller, Victor Oladipo, Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls all gone this season that leaves Sheehey as the team’s top returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The 6-foot-7 Sheehey was a very effective sixth man for the Hoosiers and will be the experienced forward in an Indiana frontcourt that adds incoming forward Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams as well as center Luke Fischer.
Luckily for Tom Crean and Co. Sheehey’s ankle injury doesn’t appear to sound serious.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)