Aug 5, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
Being that Craig Robinson’s brother-in-law is President Barack Obama, it’s a safe assessment to call the Oregon State head man the “First Coach.”
Well, now Robinson has someone on staff that he can talk “White House” with.
Oregon State announced the addition of Joe Kennedy on Monday. Along with spending time on staff at Northwestern, he also spent time as a Special Assistant for the Office of Public Engagement at the White House from January 2009 to October 2010.
Kennedy has been hired as the Beavers’ Director of Player Personnel, coming to the program after spending three seasons as the Director of Basketball Operations at Northwestern, where he also played from 2003-07.
In his time in Washington D.C., Kennedy, who is the son of long-time college coach Pat, acted as a liaison for the Obama Administration to various sports organizations, from youth to professional. He also worked on Obama’s campaign staff from April 2007 until January 2009, when Obama took office.
“I am extremely excited and honored to work for one of the most respected coaches in all of basketball and join the OSU family,” Kennedy said in a release. “Our outstanding university and strong athletic department have a special opportunity to build a premier program in college basketball, and I am enthusiastic to contribute in any way possible.”
So it’s safe to now call Oregon State the “First Program,” right?
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)