Aug 5, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Make it two top-100 commits for Alabama’s Class of 2014.
Wenonah High (Ala.) point guard Justin Coleman became the first member of the Crimson Tide’s 2014 class last Wednesday. On Monday morning he was joined by fellow in-state top-100 prospect Riley Norris of Albertville High. The 6-foot-6 small forward had offers from the likes of Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Ole Miss, Stanford and Tennessee.
Norris sent a message out on his Twitter account following his decision:
“I am thrilled to announce my decision to commit to the University of Alabama and my intentions to sign in the fall. I am very appreciative of the other programs that showed interest in me. However, I have been an Alabama fan since childhood and I am tremendously grateful for the opportunity to represent my family, the university and my home state as a student-athlete. The coaching staff at Alabama has been very supportive of me during this process ad have helped me to realize that Alabama is the right fit for me on and off the court. I want to thank my family for all their support and for being there for me throughout this process. I can’t wait to join my future teammates in Tuscaloosa! Thanks and Roll Tide!
That gives Anthony Grant the second commit in the rumored ‘Fab Five’ — Alabama’s top 2014 recruits. Coleman and Norris are bound for Tuscaloosa, and the Crimson Tide are still in contention for Hokes Bluff High center Isaac Haas and Dallas County power forward William Lee. Alabama lost out to Mississippi State for the services of Carver High wing Demetrious Houston, who committed to the Bulldogs last month.
Haas, a 7-foot-2 big man, is ranked as the No. 58 overall player in 2014 by Rivals. The four-star center has offers from Purdue, Texas A&M and UCLA. He previously said UAB of all schools was the leader. Lee, a three-star prospect, holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, Murray State and UAB.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)