Aug 5, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Make it two top-100 commits for Alabama’s Class of 2014.
Wenonah High (Ala.) point guard Justin Coleman became the first member of the Crimson Tide’s 2014 class last Wednesday. On Monday morning he was joined by fellow in-state top-100 prospect Riley Norris of Albertville High. The 6-foot-6 small forward had offers from the likes of Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Ole Miss, Stanford and Tennessee.
Norris sent a message out on his Twitter account following his decision:
“I am thrilled to announce my decision to commit to the University of Alabama and my intentions to sign in the fall. I am very appreciative of the other programs that showed interest in me. However, I have been an Alabama fan since childhood and I am tremendously grateful for the opportunity to represent my family, the university and my home state as a student-athlete. The coaching staff at Alabama has been very supportive of me during this process ad have helped me to realize that Alabama is the right fit for me on and off the court. I want to thank my family for all their support and for being there for me throughout this process. I can’t wait to join my future teammates in Tuscaloosa! Thanks and Roll Tide!
That gives Anthony Grant the second commit in the rumored ‘Fab Five’ — Alabama’s top 2014 recruits. Coleman and Norris are bound for Tuscaloosa, and the Crimson Tide are still in contention for Hokes Bluff High center Isaac Haas and Dallas County power forward William Lee. Alabama lost out to Mississippi State for the services of Carver High wing Demetrious Houston, who committed to the Bulldogs last month.
Haas, a 7-foot-2 big man, is ranked as the No. 58 overall player in 2014 by Rivals. The four-star center has offers from Purdue, Texas A&M and UCLA. He previously said UAB of all schools was the leader. Lee, a three-star prospect, holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, Murray State and UAB.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)