Aug 5, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Make it two top-100 commits for Alabama’s Class of 2014.
Wenonah High (Ala.) point guard Justin Coleman became the first member of the Crimson Tide’s 2014 class last Wednesday. On Monday morning he was joined by fellow in-state top-100 prospect Riley Norris of Albertville High. The 6-foot-6 small forward had offers from the likes of Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Ole Miss, Stanford and Tennessee.
Norris sent a message out on his Twitter account following his decision:
“I am thrilled to announce my decision to commit to the University of Alabama and my intentions to sign in the fall. I am very appreciative of the other programs that showed interest in me. However, I have been an Alabama fan since childhood and I am tremendously grateful for the opportunity to represent my family, the university and my home state as a student-athlete. The coaching staff at Alabama has been very supportive of me during this process ad have helped me to realize that Alabama is the right fit for me on and off the court. I want to thank my family for all their support and for being there for me throughout this process. I can’t wait to join my future teammates in Tuscaloosa! Thanks and Roll Tide!
That gives Anthony Grant the second commit in the rumored ‘Fab Five’ — Alabama’s top 2014 recruits. Coleman and Norris are bound for Tuscaloosa, and the Crimson Tide are still in contention for Hokes Bluff High center Isaac Haas and Dallas County power forward William Lee. Alabama lost out to Mississippi State for the services of Carver High wing Demetrious Houston, who committed to the Bulldogs last month.
Haas, a 7-foot-2 big man, is ranked as the No. 58 overall player in 2014 by Rivals. The four-star center has offers from Purdue, Texas A&M and UCLA. He previously said UAB of all schools was the leader. Lee, a three-star prospect, holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, Murray State and UAB.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)