Aug 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Reggie Redding and Antonio Pena’s collegiate careers have ended, but the former Villanova players got together at least one more time, this time for a victory in the Delco Pro-Am.
Pena, who averaged 9.8 points in 2010-11 for the Wildcats, dropped 25 points in the final playing for Omega Medical, a 91-72 victory over Radano & Associates, a team that was made up primarily of St. Joseph’s alums.
Redding, who plays professionally in Germany, capped the game with 24 points. Pena currently plays in Spain.
“It’s cool because the league had a lot of good players this summer,” Redding, who played for Villanova from 2006-2010, told CSNPhilly.com. “We beat some old Big 5 rivals in the playoffs. It’s always good to be able to get good competition in the summertime – and it’s even better when you come out with the win.”
Omega Medical, a team made up primarily of Villanova alums, also featured former Wildcat Shane Clark and senior-to-be James Bell. Former Virginia guard Sean Singletary also played with the team, finishing with seven points in the title game.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)