Aug 5, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Reggie Redding and Antonio Pena’s collegiate careers have ended, but the former Villanova players got together at least one more time, this time for a victory in the Delco Pro-Am.
Pena, who averaged 9.8 points in 2010-11 for the Wildcats, dropped 25 points in the final playing for Omega Medical, a 91-72 victory over Radano & Associates, a team that was made up primarily of St. Joseph’s alums.
Redding, who plays professionally in Germany, capped the game with 24 points. Pena currently plays in Spain.
“It’s cool because the league had a lot of good players this summer,” Redding, who played for Villanova from 2006-2010, told CSNPhilly.com. “We beat some old Big 5 rivals in the playoffs. It’s always good to be able to get good competition in the summertime – and it’s even better when you come out with the win.”
Omega Medical, a team made up primarily of Villanova alums, also featured former Wildcat Shane Clark and senior-to-be James Bell. Former Virginia guard Sean Singletary also played with the team, finishing with seven points in the title game.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)