Aug 6, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
Jabari Parker is the most notable Duke newcomer this season. Although Rodney Hood is also expected to play a large role for the Blue Devils this winter. On Tuesday, the team announced that Hood is back from an injury he suffered back in late June.
While trying out for the World University Games with USA Basketball, Hood was sidelined with what Cameron Crazies feared could be a torn right Achilles tendon, though, it was diagnosed as a sprain. Six weeks later and ESPN senior writer Andy Katz reported — as part of ESPN’s 3-point shot — that Hood was fully back.
He is completely recovered,” said Duke associate coach Steve Wojciechowski. “He has participated in summer workouts.”
Hood will be one of the more talked about impact transfer players this season. The 6-foot-8 Hood began his career at Mississippi State, averaging 10.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game and earning SEC All-Freshman team honors in 2011. He then transferred to Duke and sat out this past season due to NCAA rules.
He along with Parker are a key fixtures in a perimeter dominant Blue Devils team this season.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)