Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) 2014 point guard Emmanuel Mudiay didn’t play in Monday’s adidas Nations final for the eventual champions USA 2014 Blue. Despite not seeing the floor for a minute of action, that did’t stop the five-star rising senior point guard from making headlines.
Mudiay, ranked No. 3 overall in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, and a consensus top-5 player, narrowed down his list of schools to just a handful. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU are now the finalists for Mudiay’s services. The 6-foot-4 point guard informed ESPN’s director of basketball recruiting Paul Biancardi before the start Monday night’s game.
Baylor, Kansas and Kentucky are all still in the running for top 2014 point guard Apple Valley High (Minn.) Tyus Jones.
Even before trimming his list of potential suitors, Mudiay had already scheduled his first visit … a trip to Lexington this October for Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness.
Schools such a Arizona, Louisville, N.C. State, St. John’s and Texas did not make the cut.
Despite the controversy that has surrounded his Dallas-based prep school, Mudiay has elected to stay there for his senior year.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)