Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) 2014 point guard Emmanuel Mudiay didn’t play in Monday’s adidas Nations final for the eventual champions USA 2014 Blue. Despite not seeing the floor for a minute of action, that did’t stop the five-star rising senior point guard from making headlines.
Mudiay, ranked No. 3 overall in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, and a consensus top-5 player, narrowed down his list of schools to just a handful. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU are now the finalists for Mudiay’s services. The 6-foot-4 point guard informed ESPN’s director of basketball recruiting Paul Biancardi before the start Monday night’s game.
Baylor, Kansas and Kentucky are all still in the running for top 2014 point guard Apple Valley High (Minn.) Tyus Jones.
Even before trimming his list of potential suitors, Mudiay had already scheduled his first visit … a trip to Lexington this October for Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness.
Schools such a Arizona, Louisville, N.C. State, St. John’s and Texas did not make the cut.
Despite the controversy that has surrounded his Dallas-based prep school, Mudiay has elected to stay there for his senior year.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)