Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) 2014 point guard Emmanuel Mudiay didn’t play in Monday’s adidas Nations final for the eventual champions USA 2014 Blue. Despite not seeing the floor for a minute of action, that did’t stop the five-star rising senior point guard from making headlines.
Mudiay, ranked No. 3 overall in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, and a consensus top-5 player, narrowed down his list of schools to just a handful. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU are now the finalists for Mudiay’s services. The 6-foot-4 point guard informed ESPN’s director of basketball recruiting Paul Biancardi before the start Monday night’s game.
Baylor, Kansas and Kentucky are all still in the running for top 2014 point guard Apple Valley High (Minn.) Tyus Jones.
Even before trimming his list of potential suitors, Mudiay had already scheduled his first visit … a trip to Lexington this October for Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness.
Schools such a Arizona, Louisville, N.C. State, St. John’s and Texas did not make the cut.
Despite the controversy that has surrounded his Dallas-based prep school, Mudiay has elected to stay there for his senior year.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)