Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) 2014 point guard Emmanuel Mudiay didn’t play in Monday’s adidas Nations final for the eventual champions USA 2014 Blue. Despite not seeing the floor for a minute of action, that did’t stop the five-star rising senior point guard from making headlines.
Mudiay, ranked No. 3 overall in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, and a consensus top-5 player, narrowed down his list of schools to just a handful. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU are now the finalists for Mudiay’s services. The 6-foot-4 point guard informed ESPN’s director of basketball recruiting Paul Biancardi before the start Monday night’s game.
Baylor, Kansas and Kentucky are all still in the running for top 2014 point guard Apple Valley High (Minn.) Tyus Jones.
Even before trimming his list of potential suitors, Mudiay had already scheduled his first visit … a trip to Lexington this October for Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness.
Schools such a Arizona, Louisville, N.C. State, St. John’s and Texas did not make the cut.
Despite the controversy that has surrounded his Dallas-based prep school, Mudiay has elected to stay there for his senior year.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)