Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) 2014 point guard Emmanuel Mudiay didn’t play in Monday’s adidas Nations final for the eventual champions USA 2014 Blue. Despite not seeing the floor for a minute of action, that did’t stop the five-star rising senior point guard from making headlines.
Mudiay, ranked No. 3 overall in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, and a consensus top-5 player, narrowed down his list of schools to just a handful. Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU are now the finalists for Mudiay’s services. The 6-foot-4 point guard informed ESPN’s director of basketball recruiting Paul Biancardi before the start Monday night’s game.
Baylor, Kansas and Kentucky are all still in the running for top 2014 point guard Apple Valley High (Minn.) Tyus Jones.
Even before trimming his list of potential suitors, Mudiay had already scheduled his first visit … a trip to Lexington this October for Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness.
Schools such a Arizona, Louisville, N.C. State, St. John’s and Texas did not make the cut.
Despite the controversy that has surrounded his Dallas-based prep school, Mudiay has elected to stay there for his senior year.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)