Aug 6, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Following a freshman season that ended with Pac-12 co-Freshman of the Year honors, Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson decided to return to the Sun Devils for a sophomore campaign.
However on Tuesday, the 5-foot-10 Carson sent out a tweet that suggests he won’t be back in Tempe for the 2014-2015 season.
This year at ASU I’m participating I’m every school event. This my last go round time to have fun
— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
No one should be surprised by Carson’s plans to declare for the 2014 NBA Draft. He had a monster first year with the Sun Devils averaging team-highs in points (18.5) and assists (5.1) assist per game. Arizona State finished 23-12 (9-9 Pac-12), a game behind Colorado — the fifth of five teams that earned a berth in the NCAA tournament The Sun Devils will likely make a case for one of the 68 bids, and by the time the end of the month, he’ll be 21-years-old.
The redshirt sophomore point guard is currently No. 17 on DraftExpress’ 2014 mock draft.
If this tweet does appear to be what it looks like, Carson is the second player to make their intentions pretty clear regarding next summer’s draft.
[h/t Arizona Sports]
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 2
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)