Aug 6, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Following a freshman season that ended with Pac-12 co-Freshman of the Year honors, Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson decided to return to the Sun Devils for a sophomore campaign.
However on Tuesday, the 5-foot-10 Carson sent out a tweet that suggests he won’t be back in Tempe for the 2014-2015 season.
This year at ASU I’m participating I’m every school event. This my last go round time to have fun
— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
No one should be surprised by Carson’s plans to declare for the 2014 NBA Draft. He had a monster first year with the Sun Devils averaging team-highs in points (18.5) and assists (5.1) assist per game. Arizona State finished 23-12 (9-9 Pac-12), a game behind Colorado — the fifth of five teams that earned a berth in the NCAA tournament The Sun Devils will likely make a case for one of the 68 bids, and by the time the end of the month, he’ll be 21-years-old.
The redshirt sophomore point guard is currently No. 17 on DraftExpress’ 2014 mock draft.
If this tweet does appear to be what it looks like, Carson is the second player to make their intentions pretty clear regarding next summer’s draft.
[h/t Arizona Sports]
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)