Aug 6, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Following a freshman season that ended with Pac-12 co-Freshman of the Year honors, Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson decided to return to the Sun Devils for a sophomore campaign.
However on Tuesday, the 5-foot-10 Carson sent out a tweet that suggests he won’t be back in Tempe for the 2014-2015 season.
This year at ASU I’m participating I’m every school event. This my last go round time to have fun
— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
No one should be surprised by Carson’s plans to declare for the 2014 NBA Draft. He had a monster first year with the Sun Devils averaging team-highs in points (18.5) and assists (5.1) assist per game. Arizona State finished 23-12 (9-9 Pac-12), a game behind Colorado — the fifth of five teams that earned a berth in the NCAA tournament The Sun Devils will likely make a case for one of the 68 bids, and by the time the end of the month, he’ll be 21-years-old.
The redshirt sophomore point guard is currently No. 17 on DraftExpress’ 2014 mock draft.
If this tweet does appear to be what it looks like, Carson is the second player to make their intentions pretty clear regarding next summer’s draft.
[h/t Arizona Sports]
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)