Aug 6, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Following a freshman season that ended with Pac-12 co-Freshman of the Year honors, Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson decided to return to the Sun Devils for a sophomore campaign.
However on Tuesday, the 5-foot-10 Carson sent out a tweet that suggests he won’t be back in Tempe for the 2014-2015 season.
This year at ASU I’m participating I’m every school event. This my last go round time to have fun
— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
No one should be surprised by Carson’s plans to declare for the 2014 NBA Draft. He had a monster first year with the Sun Devils averaging team-highs in points (18.5) and assists (5.1) assist per game. Arizona State finished 23-12 (9-9 Pac-12), a game behind Colorado — the fifth of five teams that earned a berth in the NCAA tournament The Sun Devils will likely make a case for one of the 68 bids, and by the time the end of the month, he’ll be 21-years-old.
The redshirt sophomore point guard is currently No. 17 on DraftExpress’ 2014 mock draft.
If this tweet does appear to be what it looks like, Carson is the second player to make their intentions pretty clear regarding next summer’s draft.
[h/t Arizona Sports]
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)