Aug 6, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Following a freshman season that ended with Pac-12 co-Freshman of the Year honors, Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson decided to return to the Sun Devils for a sophomore campaign.
However on Tuesday, the 5-foot-10 Carson sent out a tweet that suggests he won’t be back in Tempe for the 2014-2015 season.
This year at ASU I’m participating I’m every school event. This my last go round time to have fun
— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
No one should be surprised by Carson’s plans to declare for the 2014 NBA Draft. He had a monster first year with the Sun Devils averaging team-highs in points (18.5) and assists (5.1) assist per game. Arizona State finished 23-12 (9-9 Pac-12), a game behind Colorado — the fifth of five teams that earned a berth in the NCAA tournament The Sun Devils will likely make a case for one of the 68 bids, and by the time the end of the month, he’ll be 21-years-old.
The redshirt sophomore point guard is currently No. 17 on DraftExpress’ 2014 mock draft.
If this tweet does appear to be what it looks like, Carson is the second player to make their intentions pretty clear regarding next summer’s draft.
[h/t Arizona Sports]
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)