Three-star recruit Dominic Magee tweets texts messages from Oklahoma State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Colorado coaches
Aug 6, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Aside from the lone Division III letter, communication with college coaches was really limited for me as a high school player. But thanks to Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee, I, and the rest of his more than 360 Twitter followers, now have an understanding of what the relationship between a college coach and a high school recruit is like.
Magee, is a 6-foot-3 guard with a three-star rating from Rivals. He holds offers from programs such as Alabama, Arizona, Houston, Kansas State, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.
About two weeks ago, Magee posted text message conversations he’s had with coaches from Alabama, Colorado, Oklahoma and even Travis Ford of OK State. Last Wednesday, Matt Lombardi collected the tweets and posted them on CollegeSpun.com (since deleted).
The first is from Ford himself:
Not sure how these college coaches feel about their conversations uploaded to the Internet, but nonetheless it’s a cool inside look at how coaches communicate with prospects, especially Ford and his exclamation points. Though his excitement might be understandable when you see Magee’s highlights from last month’s Reebook Breakout Challenge.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)