Three-star recruit Dominic Magee tweets texts messages from Oklahoma State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Colorado coaches
Aug 6, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Aside from the lone Division III letter, communication with college coaches was really limited for me as a high school player. But thanks to Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee, I, and the rest of his more than 360 Twitter followers, now have an understanding of what the relationship between a college coach and a high school recruit is like.
Magee, is a 6-foot-3 guard with a three-star rating from Rivals. He holds offers from programs such as Alabama, Arizona, Houston, Kansas State, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.
About two weeks ago, Magee posted text message conversations he’s had with coaches from Alabama, Colorado, Oklahoma and even Travis Ford of OK State. Last Wednesday, Matt Lombardi collected the tweets and posted them on CollegeSpun.com (since deleted).
The first is from Ford himself:
Not sure how these college coaches feel about their conversations uploaded to the Internet, but nonetheless it’s a cool inside look at how coaches communicate with prospects, especially Ford and his exclamation points. Though his excitement might be understandable when you see Magee’s highlights from last month’s Reebook Breakout Challenge.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)