Three-star recruit Dominic Magee tweets texts messages from Oklahoma State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Colorado coaches
Aug 6, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Aside from the lone Division III letter, communication with college coaches was really limited for me as a high school player. But thanks to Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee, I, and the rest of his more than 360 Twitter followers, now have an understanding of what the relationship between a college coach and a high school recruit is like.
Magee, is a 6-foot-3 guard with a three-star rating from Rivals. He holds offers from programs such as Alabama, Arizona, Houston, Kansas State, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.
About two weeks ago, Magee posted text message conversations he’s had with coaches from Alabama, Colorado, Oklahoma and even Travis Ford of OK State. Last Wednesday, Matt Lombardi collected the tweets and posted them on CollegeSpun.com (since deleted).
The first is from Ford himself:
Not sure how these college coaches feel about their conversations uploaded to the Internet, but nonetheless it’s a cool inside look at how coaches communicate with prospects, especially Ford and his exclamation points. Though his excitement might be understandable when you see Magee’s highlights from last month’s Reebook Breakout Challenge.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)