Three-star recruit Dominic Magee tweets texts messages from Oklahoma State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Colorado coaches
Aug 6, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Aside from the lone Division III letter, communication with college coaches was really limited for me as a high school player. But thanks to Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee, I, and the rest of his more than 360 Twitter followers, now have an understanding of what the relationship between a college coach and a high school recruit is like.
Magee, is a 6-foot-3 guard with a three-star rating from Rivals. He holds offers from programs such as Alabama, Arizona, Houston, Kansas State, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.
About two weeks ago, Magee posted text message conversations he’s had with coaches from Alabama, Colorado, Oklahoma and even Travis Ford of OK State. Last Wednesday, Matt Lombardi collected the tweets and posted them on CollegeSpun.com (since deleted).
The first is from Ford himself:
Not sure how these college coaches feel about their conversations uploaded to the Internet, but nonetheless it’s a cool inside look at how coaches communicate with prospects, especially Ford and his exclamation points. Though his excitement might be understandable when you see Magee’s highlights from last month’s Reebook Breakout Challenge.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)