Three-star recruit Dominic Magee tweets texts messages from Oklahoma State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Colorado coaches
Aug 6, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Aside from the lone Division III letter, communication with college coaches was really limited for me as a high school player. But thanks to Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee, I, and the rest of his more than 360 Twitter followers, now have an understanding of what the relationship between a college coach and a high school recruit is like.
Magee, is a 6-foot-3 guard with a three-star rating from Rivals. He holds offers from programs such as Alabama, Arizona, Houston, Kansas State, LSU, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.
About two weeks ago, Magee posted text message conversations he’s had with coaches from Alabama, Colorado, Oklahoma and even Travis Ford of OK State. Last Wednesday, Matt Lombardi collected the tweets and posted them on CollegeSpun.com (since deleted).
The first is from Ford himself:
Not sure how these college coaches feel about their conversations uploaded to the Internet, but nonetheless it’s a cool inside look at how coaches communicate with prospects, especially Ford and his exclamation points. Though his excitement might be understandable when you see Magee’s highlights from last month’s Reebook Breakout Challenge.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)