Aug 7, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
A few weeks ago Trinity High (Texas) 2014 center cut his list to 25 teams. Believe or not he’ll have to continuing gutting that list in order to make a decision.
Turner, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, told Rivals National Basketball Recruiting Analyst Eric Bossi that he would begin the process of re-trimming is list once he left the adidas Nations following Monday night’s championship win. When it’s all said and done, Turner will have eight finalists.
[UPDATE 9:17 p.m.]: According to ESPN’s Reggie Rankin, Turner trimmed his list to the last eight on Wednesday night. In no particular order Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Texas made the cut.
The 6-foot-11 center cut teams like Connecticut, Georgetown, Indiana and UCLA among 13 other offers.
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay cut his list to five — Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU — on Monday. The two Lone Star state products have reportedly discussed the possibility of playing together at the next level. Three teams are still in play for both — Kansas, Kentucky and Oklahoma State.
Turner will take his official visit Lawrence, Kan. in October, and he’ll be in attendance for the Jayhawks’ Late Night at the Phog.
“I’ve always kind of been a fan of Kansas,” Turner told Rivals. “The way they put bigs into the league and all of that, I really want to go out there and see what they have to work with.”
Turner has been one the breakout stars this summer, dating back to June at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va. where he showed he can block shots on the interior while stepping out and shooting threes on offense. That was less than two months ago, when he was ranked No. 78 in the nation by Rivals. Currently, he is listed as the No. 6 overall player in the Class of 2014 by the same scouting service.
The nation’s top rising prospect also informed Bossi that although he will form a final list soon, but don’t expect him to sign until after his senior season.
“I’m actually not going to sign this fall,” said Turner. “I’m probably going to wait for the spring and just get my high school season out of the way and deal with everything after that.”
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)