Aug 7, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
A few weeks ago Trinity High (Texas) 2014 center cut his list to 25 teams. Believe or not he’ll have to continuing gutting that list in order to make a decision.
Turner, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, told Rivals National Basketball Recruiting Analyst Eric Bossi that he would begin the process of re-trimming is list once he left the adidas Nations following Monday night’s championship win. When it’s all said and done, Turner will have eight finalists.
[UPDATE 9:17 p.m.]: According to ESPN’s Reggie Rankin, Turner trimmed his list to the last eight on Wednesday night. In no particular order Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Texas made the cut.
The 6-foot-11 center cut teams like Connecticut, Georgetown, Indiana and UCLA among 13 other offers.
Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay cut his list to five — Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma State and SMU — on Monday. The two Lone Star state products have reportedly discussed the possibility of playing together at the next level. Three teams are still in play for both — Kansas, Kentucky and Oklahoma State.
Turner will take his official visit Lawrence, Kan. in October, and he’ll be in attendance for the Jayhawks’ Late Night at the Phog.
“I’ve always kind of been a fan of Kansas,” Turner told Rivals. “The way they put bigs into the league and all of that, I really want to go out there and see what they have to work with.”
Turner has been one the breakout stars this summer, dating back to June at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va. where he showed he can block shots on the interior while stepping out and shooting threes on offense. That was less than two months ago, when he was ranked No. 78 in the nation by Rivals. Currently, he is listed as the No. 6 overall player in the Class of 2014 by the same scouting service.
The nation’s top rising prospect also informed Bossi that although he will form a final list soon, but don’t expect him to sign until after his senior season.
“I’m actually not going to sign this fall,” said Turner. “I’m probably going to wait for the spring and just get my high school season out of the way and deal with everything after that.”
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)