Aug 7, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
One of the bigger questions in recruiting circles this spring/summer was how likely it is that Expressions Elite (Mass.) teammates Abdul-Malik Abu and Jared Terrell end up attending the same school.
With Terrell (who attends Brewster Academy) being a 6-2 guard and Abu (who attends Kimball Union Academy) a 6-9 power forward, the tandem would be a quality haul for any school hoping to land their services.
On Wednesday night it was learned that if the two are to end up at the same school there’s only one choice, as each player cut his list to four as first reported by HoopDreamsMag.com. Abu’s final four schools are UConn, Florida, N.C. State and Providence, with Terrell’s final four being Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Rhode Island and Providence.
The one school in common: Providence.
Obviously recruiting is a fluid situation, as many variables can potentially come into play with any recruit. But the final lists put forth by Abu and Terrell is another piece of good news for Providence head coach Ed Cooley and his staff (and the Friar faithful, of course) on the recruiting trail.
PC’s already landed a commitment from 2014 small forward Jalen Lindsey, a Top 100 prospect from Nashville, Tenn. And there’s also the matter of Providence being one of the final three schools on 2014 point guard Kaleb Joseph’s list, with Syracuse and West Virginia being the others.
Things are looking up on the court as well, with Providence coming off of its first postseason appearance (NIT) since 2009. It’s safe to say that if Cooley can continue to build both on the court and on the recruiting trail, there will be much rejoicing in “Friartown.”
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)