Aug 7, 2013, 9:51 PM EST
One of the bigger questions in recruiting circles this spring/summer was how likely it is that Expressions Elite (Mass.) teammates Abdul-Malik Abu and Jared Terrell end up attending the same school.
With Terrell (who attends Brewster Academy) being a 6-2 guard and Abu (who attends Kimball Union Academy) a 6-9 power forward, the tandem would be a quality haul for any school hoping to land their services.
On Wednesday night it was learned that if the two are to end up at the same school there’s only one choice, as each player cut his list to four as first reported by HoopDreamsMag.com. Abu’s final four schools are UConn, Florida, N.C. State and Providence, with Terrell’s final four being Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Rhode Island and Providence.
The one school in common: Providence.
Obviously recruiting is a fluid situation, as many variables can potentially come into play with any recruit. But the final lists put forth by Abu and Terrell is another piece of good news for Providence head coach Ed Cooley and his staff (and the Friar faithful, of course) on the recruiting trail.
PC’s already landed a commitment from 2014 small forward Jalen Lindsey, a Top 100 prospect from Nashville, Tenn. And there’s also the matter of Providence being one of the final three schools on 2014 point guard Kaleb Joseph’s list, with Syracuse and West Virginia being the others.
Things are looking up on the court as well, with Providence coming off of its first postseason appearance (NIT) since 2009. It’s safe to say that if Cooley can continue to build both on the court and on the recruiting trail, there will be much rejoicing in “Friartown.”
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)