Aug 8, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Everyone needs a fun day at the beach once in a while, right?
That’s what DePaul head coach Oliver Purnell must have thought as he gave his guys the day off from their normal summer conditioning program in order to have some fun with a beach volleyball tournament earlier this week.
While DePaul strength and conditioning coach Mac Calloway often uses the beaches along Lake Michigan for rigorous offseason workouts, on this day, the Blue Demons got to have a little fun and build some team work using a different sport.
The tournament-winning team even took time to celebrate by taking a quick dip — and impromptu dance celebration? — in the waters of Lake Michigan.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)