Aug 8, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Everyone needs a fun day at the beach once in a while, right?
That’s what DePaul head coach Oliver Purnell must have thought as he gave his guys the day off from their normal summer conditioning program in order to have some fun with a beach volleyball tournament earlier this week.
While DePaul strength and conditioning coach Mac Calloway often uses the beaches along Lake Michigan for rigorous offseason workouts, on this day, the Blue Demons got to have a little fun and build some team work using a different sport.
The tournament-winning team even took time to celebrate by taking a quick dip — and impromptu dance celebration? — in the waters of Lake Michigan.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)