Aug 8, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Everyone needs a fun day at the beach once in a while, right?
That’s what DePaul head coach Oliver Purnell must have thought as he gave his guys the day off from their normal summer conditioning program in order to have some fun with a beach volleyball tournament earlier this week.
While DePaul strength and conditioning coach Mac Calloway often uses the beaches along Lake Michigan for rigorous offseason workouts, on this day, the Blue Demons got to have a little fun and build some team work using a different sport.
The tournament-winning team even took time to celebrate by taking a quick dip — and impromptu dance celebration? — in the waters of Lake Michigan.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)