Aug 8, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Everyone needs a fun day at the beach once in a while, right?
That’s what DePaul head coach Oliver Purnell must have thought as he gave his guys the day off from their normal summer conditioning program in order to have some fun with a beach volleyball tournament earlier this week.
While DePaul strength and conditioning coach Mac Calloway often uses the beaches along Lake Michigan for rigorous offseason workouts, on this day, the Blue Demons got to have a little fun and build some team work using a different sport.
The tournament-winning team even took time to celebrate by taking a quick dip — and impromptu dance celebration? — in the waters of Lake Michigan.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)