Aug 8, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Central Florida got into Wednesday’s commitment frenzy as they nabbed a pledge from local point guard B.J. Taylor.
Taylor announced his commitment via Twitter yesterday and becomes the second member of the 2014 class to commit to the Knights as Ocala native and small forward Javonte Douglas committed to Central Florida in May.
A scoring point guard that dropped a 40-point game during the July evaluation period, Taylor is a native of Orlando and considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
The 6’2″ guard from Boone High School had taken an unofficial visit to Central Florida during the day on Wednesday, only to later make a phone call and make a commitment to the program.
Taylor told Brandon Helwig of UCFSports.com that The American appealed to him saying, “It’s a good league with good teams from UConn to UCF to Memphis.”
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 0
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)