Aug 8, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Central Florida got into Wednesday’s commitment frenzy as they nabbed a pledge from local point guard B.J. Taylor.
Taylor announced his commitment via Twitter yesterday and becomes the second member of the 2014 class to commit to the Knights as Ocala native and small forward Javonte Douglas committed to Central Florida in May.
A scoring point guard that dropped a 40-point game during the July evaluation period, Taylor is a native of Orlando and considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
The 6’2″ guard from Boone High School had taken an unofficial visit to Central Florida during the day on Wednesday, only to later make a phone call and make a commitment to the program.
Taylor told Brandon Helwig of UCFSports.com that The American appealed to him saying, “It’s a good league with good teams from UConn to UCF to Memphis.”
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)