Aug 8, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Central Florida got into Wednesday’s commitment frenzy as they nabbed a pledge from local point guard B.J. Taylor.
Taylor announced his commitment via Twitter yesterday and becomes the second member of the 2014 class to commit to the Knights as Ocala native and small forward Javonte Douglas committed to Central Florida in May.
A scoring point guard that dropped a 40-point game during the July evaluation period, Taylor is a native of Orlando and considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
The 6’2″ guard from Boone High School had taken an unofficial visit to Central Florida during the day on Wednesday, only to later make a phone call and make a commitment to the program.
Taylor told Brandon Helwig of UCFSports.com that The American appealed to him saying, “It’s a good league with good teams from UConn to UCF to Memphis.”
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)