Aug 8, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Central Florida got into Wednesday’s commitment frenzy as they nabbed a pledge from local point guard B.J. Taylor.
Taylor announced his commitment via Twitter yesterday and becomes the second member of the 2014 class to commit to the Knights as Ocala native and small forward Javonte Douglas committed to Central Florida in May.
A scoring point guard that dropped a 40-point game during the July evaluation period, Taylor is a native of Orlando and considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
The 6’2″ guard from Boone High School had taken an unofficial visit to Central Florida during the day on Wednesday, only to later make a phone call and make a commitment to the program.
Taylor told Brandon Helwig of UCFSports.com that The American appealed to him saying, “It’s a good league with good teams from UConn to UCF to Memphis.”
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)