Aug 8, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Central Florida got into Wednesday’s commitment frenzy as they nabbed a pledge from local point guard B.J. Taylor.
Taylor announced his commitment via Twitter yesterday and becomes the second member of the 2014 class to commit to the Knights as Ocala native and small forward Javonte Douglas committed to Central Florida in May.
A scoring point guard that dropped a 40-point game during the July evaluation period, Taylor is a native of Orlando and considered a three-star prospect according to Rivals.
The 6’2″ guard from Boone High School had taken an unofficial visit to Central Florida during the day on Wednesday, only to later make a phone call and make a commitment to the program.
Taylor told Brandon Helwig of UCFSports.com that The American appealed to him saying, “It’s a good league with good teams from UConn to UCF to Memphis.”
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)