Aug 10, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
After a three-year commitment to Indiana during his early high school career, 2014 shooting guard James Blackmon Jr. is now back on the open market after decommiting from Indiana earlier this week.
A 6-foot-3 shooting guard, Blackmon averaged an Indiana-high 33.3 points per game last season for Fort Wayne Bishop Luers before making a transfer to Marion, Indiana this summer to join his father, James Blackmon Sr., who was hired as the head coach there.
Now that the younger Blackmon has decommited from Indiana, other schools have started to call in and offer scholarships to Rivals’ No. 33 player in the 2014 class.
According to a report from Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal, Blackmon has a lot of schools currently after him.
IU coach Tom Crean has also been in touch to tell the Blackmons that the Hoosiers will continue to recruit James Jr.Blackmon, a 6-foot-2 guard who will be coached by his dad at Marion (Ind.) High School, has new offers from UK, North Carolina State, UCLA, Michigan State, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Memphis, Florida, Connecticut, Purdue, Minnesota and Marquette.“All of them put offers on the table pretty much,” Blackmon said.
As a premier shooter and scorer Blackmon Jr. will be a hot commodity and it will be interesting where he takes visits and if he’ll remain interested in Indiana.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)