Aug 10, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
After a three-year commitment to Indiana during his early high school career, 2014 shooting guard James Blackmon Jr. is now back on the open market after decommiting from Indiana earlier this week.
A 6-foot-3 shooting guard, Blackmon averaged an Indiana-high 33.3 points per game last season for Fort Wayne Bishop Luers before making a transfer to Marion, Indiana this summer to join his father, James Blackmon Sr., who was hired as the head coach there.
Now that the younger Blackmon has decommited from Indiana, other schools have started to call in and offer scholarships to Rivals’ No. 33 player in the 2014 class.
According to a report from Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal, Blackmon has a lot of schools currently after him.
IU coach Tom Crean has also been in touch to tell the Blackmons that the Hoosiers will continue to recruit James Jr.Blackmon, a 6-foot-2 guard who will be coached by his dad at Marion (Ind.) High School, has new offers from UK, North Carolina State, UCLA, Michigan State, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Memphis, Florida, Connecticut, Purdue, Minnesota and Marquette.“All of them put offers on the table pretty much,” Blackmon said.
As a premier shooter and scorer Blackmon Jr. will be a hot commodity and it will be interesting where he takes visits and if he’ll remain interested in Indiana.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Michigan lands 2014 commitment from guard Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman (4)