Aug 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After spending a year at Southwest Mississippi Community College following his freshman season at UAB, Herb Harrison will head north to continue his basketball career at the Division 1 level for Ted Woodward at Maine.
The 6-foot-8 forward hails from Marietta, GA, and was a part of Mike Davis’ 2011 recruiting class at UAB. As a freshman, Harrison appeared in 14 games averaging 5.8 minutes and just 1.3 points per game.
The news of Harrison’s decision to play at Maine was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com:
Herb Harrison (6-8/F) of SW Mississippi CC has committed to the University of Maine as part of their 2013 class. Will have 3 yrs to play—
Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) August 10, 2013
Harrison’s coach at SW Mississippi CC explained via Twitter that he had a medical redshirt year last season and, as such, will still have three years left of eligibility.
This is a nice addition for Maine, especially on the heels of losing their best player, Justin Edwards, to Kansas State earlier this year.
Maine finished 11-19 last season and 6-10 in the America East.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)