Aug 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After spending a year at Southwest Mississippi Community College following his freshman season at UAB, Herb Harrison will head north to continue his basketball career at the Division 1 level for Ted Woodward at Maine.
The 6-foot-8 forward hails from Marietta, GA, and was a part of Mike Davis’ 2011 recruiting class at UAB. As a freshman, Harrison appeared in 14 games averaging 5.8 minutes and just 1.3 points per game.
The news of Harrison’s decision to play at Maine was first reported by Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.com:
Herb Harrison (6-8/F) of SW Mississippi CC has committed to the University of Maine as part of their 2013 class. Will have 3 yrs to play—
Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) August 10, 2013
Harrison’s coach at SW Mississippi CC explained via Twitter that he had a medical redshirt year last season and, as such, will still have three years left of eligibility.
This is a nice addition for Maine, especially on the heels of losing their best player, Justin Edwards, to Kansas State earlier this year.
Maine finished 11-19 last season and 6-10 in the America East.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)