Aug 12, 2013, 9:36 PM EST
Devin Booker is prime prospect. The no. 5 shooting guard in the nation according to Scout.com has offers from plenty of major schools.
On Monday afternoon, he narrowed that list of schools to five.
ESPN.com’s Dave Telep tweeted out that the 6-5 Booker had whittled his list of potential landing spots to five: Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan State and Missouri.
Booker is also a beneficiary of the AAU landscape, with his stock rising thanks to his performance in the past year.
All five schools could fit Booker, who plays for the Alabama Challenge AAU program, well. Kentucky has the NBA credentials, while Florida has developed a number of good players under Billy Donovan over the last decade. Frank Haith seems to be able to recruit players at a high level since taking over at Mizzou (even if half of them seem to be transfers) and Michigan State’s Tom Izzo has a way of developing top talent. Michigan has players like Glenn Robinson III who share the type of game Booker possesses.
Primo T-5 for Devin Booker: Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan sate and Missouri. Power list from Booker.
— Dave Telep (@DaveTelep) August 13, 2013
It seems as if Booker will take a visit to Michigan in the near future.
The Moss Point, Miss. native has the game to play with any of those teams. It’s unclear if he has a timetable for making a decision on a school.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)