Aug 12, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Heading into his second season at the helm of Miami of Ohio, John Cooper got his another commitment of the 2014 class in guard Zach McCormick.
The 6-1 McCormick, a product of Cincinnati Turpin, was an honorable mention all-state selection as a junior, averaging 26.4 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.4 assists last season.
McCormick picked the Redhawks over Tennessee, Rhode Island, Toledo and Ohio. He’s the second pledge to Miami University for 2014. He’s a three star recruit according to Scout.com.
Cooper has been hitting Cincinnati up in recruiting, with both of 2014 commits coming from the Queen City. McCormick joins Roderick Mills of Cincinnati St. Xavier, who recently committed.
Zach McCormick just committed to Miami-OH, per a source. Very good pick up for the Redhawks.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) August 12, 2013
McCormick’s play has made national news before, when he landed in Sportscenter’s Top 10 plays last season for a ridiculous dunk he had in a game, earning the no. 5 play of the day. Take a look (speed it up to the 1:27 mark for the dunk itself.)
In Cooper’s first season, the Redhawks finished 9-22 overall, 3-13 in the Mid-American Conference.
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- College Hoops Week in Review: Villanova, Xavier Thames shine in holiday tourneys 1
- Coach K not a fan of the fascination with one-and-done freshmen (6)
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Ron Baker, No. 12 Wichita State take CBE Classic title over BYU (2)