Aug 13, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The schedule for the Big 12/SEC Challenge, including tip times and the channels they will be broadcast on, was released on Tuesday afternoon.
It looks like this (all times eastern):
Nov. 14 (Thu): Texas Tech at Alabama, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 2 (Mon): Auburn at Iowa State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 2 (Mon): Vanderbilt at Texas, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): West Virginia at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): TCU at Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 5 (Thu): Ole Miss at Kansas State, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 6 (Fri): South Carolina at Oklahoma State, 9:30 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 6 (Fri): Kentucky vs. Baylor (Arlington), 10 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 10 (Tue): Kansas at Florida, 7 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 21 (Sat: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M (Houston), 7 p.m., ESPNU
This isn’t a conference challenge.
I’m just going to go ahead and say that right now.
The ACC and the Big Ten have a conference challenge: 12 games played on back-to-back nights. This? This is 10 games spread out over the course of five weeks. By the time the best game of the “challenge” is played — Kansas at Florida on Dec. 10th — no one is going to know or care that this is a thing.
We might as well just call this what it is: scheduling aid.
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 0
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)