Aug 13, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The schedule for the Big 12/SEC Challenge, including tip times and the channels they will be broadcast on, was released on Tuesday afternoon.
It looks like this (all times eastern):
Nov. 14 (Thu): Texas Tech at Alabama, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 2 (Mon): Auburn at Iowa State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 2 (Mon): Vanderbilt at Texas, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): West Virginia at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): TCU at Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 5 (Thu): Ole Miss at Kansas State, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 6 (Fri): South Carolina at Oklahoma State, 9:30 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 6 (Fri): Kentucky vs. Baylor (Arlington), 10 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 10 (Tue): Kansas at Florida, 7 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 21 (Sat: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M (Houston), 7 p.m., ESPNU
This isn’t a conference challenge.
I’m just going to go ahead and say that right now.
The ACC and the Big Ten have a conference challenge: 12 games played on back-to-back nights. This? This is 10 games spread out over the course of five weeks. By the time the best game of the “challenge” is played — Kansas at Florida on Dec. 10th — no one is going to know or care that this is a thing.
We might as well just call this what it is: scheduling aid.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)