Aug 13, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The schedule for the Big 12/SEC Challenge, including tip times and the channels they will be broadcast on, was released on Tuesday afternoon.
It looks like this (all times eastern):
Nov. 14 (Thu): Texas Tech at Alabama, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 2 (Mon): Auburn at Iowa State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 2 (Mon): Vanderbilt at Texas, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): West Virginia at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): TCU at Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 5 (Thu): Ole Miss at Kansas State, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 6 (Fri): South Carolina at Oklahoma State, 9:30 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 6 (Fri): Kentucky vs. Baylor (Arlington), 10 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 10 (Tue): Kansas at Florida, 7 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 21 (Sat: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M (Houston), 7 p.m., ESPNU
This isn’t a conference challenge.
I’m just going to go ahead and say that right now.
The ACC and the Big Ten have a conference challenge: 12 games played on back-to-back nights. This? This is 10 games spread out over the course of five weeks. By the time the best game of the “challenge” is played — Kansas at Florida on Dec. 10th — no one is going to know or care that this is a thing.
We might as well just call this what it is: scheduling aid.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)