Aug 13, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
The schedule for the Big 12/SEC Challenge, including tip times and the channels they will be broadcast on, was released on Tuesday afternoon.
It looks like this (all times eastern):
Nov. 14 (Thu): Texas Tech at Alabama, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 2 (Mon): Auburn at Iowa State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 2 (Mon): Vanderbilt at Texas, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): West Virginia at Missouri, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 5 (Thu): TCU at Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 5 (Thu): Ole Miss at Kansas State, 9 p.m., ESPN2
Dec. 6 (Fri): South Carolina at Oklahoma State, 9:30 p.m., ESPNU
Dec. 6 (Fri): Kentucky vs. Baylor (Arlington), 10 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 10 (Tue): Kansas at Florida, 7 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 21 (Sat: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M (Houston), 7 p.m., ESPNU
This isn’t a conference challenge.
I’m just going to go ahead and say that right now.
The ACC and the Big Ten have a conference challenge: 12 games played on back-to-back nights. This? This is 10 games spread out over the course of five weeks. By the time the best game of the “challenge” is played — Kansas at Florida on Dec. 10th — no one is going to know or care that this is a thing.
We might as well just call this what it is: scheduling aid.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)