Aug 13, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Kentucky has a top-notch recruiting class coming into Lexington this year, but none of its five-stars prospects are as decorated John Calipari’s latest commit for the fall.
Jason Taylor ended his 13 year football career with the sixth most sacks in NFL history. He’s bound for Canton, Ohio and during that time he’s serving as one of ESPN’s NFL analysts.
On Tuesday morning, Coach Cal announced that the former Miami Dolphin great will be in Big Blue Nation this fall.
— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) August 13, 2013
The John Calipari Basketball Fantasy Experience offers Kentucky fans the opportunity to live the life of a UK player for a weekend … but at a cost. Registration is almost $7,000, and that’s the less expensive version. Despite the costs, Calipari is sure to have another solid turnout. Calipari’s Basketball Fantasy Experience has known to draw notable campers. As Annie Dunbar of CollegeSpun.com noted, Drake served as a celebrity coach last year, and President Bill Clinton has been extended an invitation for next month’s.
Taylor is listed at 6-foot-6, 255-pounds, so whichever camper draws him as a matchup in the post, have fun.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)