Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Two of the names college basketball fans will hear quite often this coming season are Marcus Smart and Julius Randle. Smart is coming off of an outstanding freshman campaign at Oklahoma State, winning Big 12 Freshman of the Year honors and becoming one of the faces of the future for USA Basketball as well.
As for Randle, he’s one of the five McDonald’s All-Americans who will represent Kentucky, and it’s safe to say that there are once again high expectations for John Calipari’s program. Randle and company definitely don’t lack for talent, but they’ve also got depth that wasn’t present in 2012-13.
The two Dallas-area natives were at an open gym at UT-Arlington (you’ll also see a brief cameo appearance from Duke incoming freshman Matt Jones in the video), and they put on a dunking display that rivaled the NBA’s slam dunk competition (to be honest, that event fell off a few years ago).
Thanks to the good folks at Ballislife we can watch what transpired. Enjoy.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)