Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Two of the names college basketball fans will hear quite often this coming season are Marcus Smart and Julius Randle. Smart is coming off of an outstanding freshman campaign at Oklahoma State, winning Big 12 Freshman of the Year honors and becoming one of the faces of the future for USA Basketball as well.
As for Randle, he’s one of the five McDonald’s All-Americans who will represent Kentucky, and it’s safe to say that there are once again high expectations for John Calipari’s program. Randle and company definitely don’t lack for talent, but they’ve also got depth that wasn’t present in 2012-13.
The two Dallas-area natives were at an open gym at UT-Arlington (you’ll also see a brief cameo appearance from Duke incoming freshman Matt Jones in the video), and they put on a dunking display that rivaled the NBA’s slam dunk competition (to be honest, that event fell off a few years ago).
Thanks to the good folks at Ballislife we can watch what transpired. Enjoy.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)