Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Two of the names college basketball fans will hear quite often this coming season are Marcus Smart and Julius Randle. Smart is coming off of an outstanding freshman campaign at Oklahoma State, winning Big 12 Freshman of the Year honors and becoming one of the faces of the future for USA Basketball as well.
As for Randle, he’s one of the five McDonald’s All-Americans who will represent Kentucky, and it’s safe to say that there are once again high expectations for John Calipari’s program. Randle and company definitely don’t lack for talent, but they’ve also got depth that wasn’t present in 2012-13.
The two Dallas-area natives were at an open gym at UT-Arlington (you’ll also see a brief cameo appearance from Duke incoming freshman Matt Jones in the video), and they put on a dunking display that rivaled the NBA’s slam dunk competition (to be honest, that event fell off a few years ago).
Thanks to the good folks at Ballislife we can watch what transpired. Enjoy.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)