Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 PM EST
Two of the names college basketball fans will hear quite often this coming season are Marcus Smart and Julius Randle. Smart is coming off of an outstanding freshman campaign at Oklahoma State, winning Big 12 Freshman of the Year honors and becoming one of the faces of the future for USA Basketball as well.
As for Randle, he’s one of the five McDonald’s All-Americans who will represent Kentucky, and it’s safe to say that there are once again high expectations for John Calipari’s program. Randle and company definitely don’t lack for talent, but they’ve also got depth that wasn’t present in 2012-13.
The two Dallas-area natives were at an open gym at UT-Arlington (you’ll also see a brief cameo appearance from Duke incoming freshman Matt Jones in the video), and they put on a dunking display that rivaled the NBA’s slam dunk competition (to be honest, that event fell off a few years ago).
Thanks to the good folks at Ballislife we can watch what transpired. Enjoy.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)