Aug 14, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Two of the names college basketball fans will hear quite often this coming season are Marcus Smart and Julius Randle. Smart is coming off of an outstanding freshman campaign at Oklahoma State, winning Big 12 Freshman of the Year honors and becoming one of the faces of the future for USA Basketball as well.
As for Randle, he’s one of the five McDonald’s All-Americans who will represent Kentucky, and it’s safe to say that there are once again high expectations for John Calipari’s program. Randle and company definitely don’t lack for talent, but they’ve also got depth that wasn’t present in 2012-13.
The two Dallas-area natives were at an open gym at UT-Arlington (you’ll also see a brief cameo appearance from Duke incoming freshman Matt Jones in the video), and they put on a dunking display that rivaled the NBA’s slam dunk competition (to be honest, that event fell off a few years ago).
Thanks to the good folks at Ballislife we can watch what transpired. Enjoy.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)