Aug 16, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
It happens every summer in the recruiting world. A highly regarded prospect de-commits from a school, and the offers from other programs begin to add up. Such has been life for former Indiana commit James Blackmon Jr., and the same can be said for former Louisville commit Quentin Snider.
Snider, who committed to Louisville more than two years ago, felt the need to look around at other options earlier this summer. And according to Steve Jones of the Louisville Courier-Journal the 6-2 point guard has begun to schedule visits of both the official and unofficial variety.
The Ballard H.S. (Louisville) product has scheduled official visits to UCLA (August 31) and UConn (September 20), and he’ll take unofficial visits to Memphis (September 7) and Illinois (September 28). But even with his schedule beginning to take shape by no means is this a sign that Snider’s cut his list according to Snider’s father, Scott. Also of note in all of this are the “roles” that Louisville and Indiana have played in Snider’s recruitment since he reopened things.
Scott Snider said the four scheduled visits are not an indication that his son has cut his list in any way. He expects the family to take multiple unofficial visits to schools that are within driving distance and still schedule three more official visits.
U of L has not been in touch with the Sniders since Quentin withdrew his commitment.
Indiana is strongly interested in Snider, but the Hoosiers haven’t made an official offer. Scott Snider said he hasn’t talked to the Hoosiers’ coaches recently, although he was invited by Tom Crean for a visit during their initial conversation earlier this month.
Based on the statement that Louisville hasn’t reached out to the family since Quentin decided to de-commit, it seems unlikely that he’ll remain at home for his college career. But even with that being the case, Quentin Snider won’t lack for options either.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)