Aug 16, 2013, 11:10 AM EST
It happens every summer in the recruiting world. A highly regarded prospect de-commits from a school, and the offers from other programs begin to add up. Such has been life for former Indiana commit James Blackmon Jr., and the same can be said for former Louisville commit Quentin Snider.
Snider, who committed to Louisville more than two years ago, felt the need to look around at other options earlier this summer. And according to Steve Jones of the Louisville Courier-Journal the 6-2 point guard has begun to schedule visits of both the official and unofficial variety.
The Ballard H.S. (Louisville) product has scheduled official visits to UCLA (August 31) and UConn (September 20), and he’ll take unofficial visits to Memphis (September 7) and Illinois (September 28). But even with his schedule beginning to take shape by no means is this a sign that Snider’s cut his list according to Snider’s father, Scott. Also of note in all of this are the “roles” that Louisville and Indiana have played in Snider’s recruitment since he reopened things.
Scott Snider said the four scheduled visits are not an indication that his son has cut his list in any way. He expects the family to take multiple unofficial visits to schools that are within driving distance and still schedule three more official visits.
U of L has not been in touch with the Sniders since Quentin withdrew his commitment.
Indiana is strongly interested in Snider, but the Hoosiers haven’t made an official offer. Scott Snider said he hasn’t talked to the Hoosiers’ coaches recently, although he was invited by Tom Crean for a visit during their initial conversation earlier this month.
Based on the statement that Louisville hasn’t reached out to the family since Quentin decided to de-commit, it seems unlikely that he’ll remain at home for his college career. But even with that being the case, Quentin Snider won’t lack for options either.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 1
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)