Aug 17, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
BYU and head coach Dave Rose announced their non-conference schedule on Thursday and it’s a difficult schedule that includes three road games and four neutral site games.
BYU opens the season at Stanford as part of the 24-hour hoops marathon and they will also be apart of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic with two home games before the final four in Kansas City with an opening matchup against Texas before facing DePaul or Wichita State.
The Cougars also host Iowa State right before the CBE final four and have two more neutral site games with Utah State (Salt Lake City) and UMass (Springfield, Mo.). Road games at Pac-12 opposition Utah and Oregon close out the schedule.
“This is a terrific non-conference schedule that will really help prepare our team for league play,” Rose said. “It’s a compliment to our program to be invited to play in the College Basketball Experience Tournament. We will face many tests and teams from coast to coast. We are excited about the opportunities we have to play and look forward to preparing our team for the challenge.”
Nov. 8 Friday Weber State 30-7, 18-2 Big Sky Provo, UtahNov. 11 Monday at Stanford 19-15, 9-9 Pac-12 Palo Alto, Calif.Nov. 14 Thursday CBE Hall of Fame Classic Provo, UtahNov. 16 Saturday CBE Hall of Fame Classic Provo, UtahNov. 20 Wednesday Iowa State 23-12, 11-7 Big 12 Provo, UtahNov. 25 Monday vs. Texas 16-18, 7-11 Big 12 Kansas City, Mo.Nov. 26 Tuesday vs. DePaul –or–Wichita State Kansas City, Mo.Nov. 30 Saturday vs. Utah State 21-10, 11-7 WAC Salt Lake CityDec. 3 Tuesday North Texas 12-20, 7-13 Sun Belt Provo, UtahDec. 7 Saturday vs. UMass 21-12, 9-7 Atlantic 10 Springfield, Mass.Dec. 11 Wednesday Prairie View A&M 15-19, 8-10 SWAC Provo, UtahDec. 14 Saturday at Utah 15-18, 5-13 Pac-12 Salt Lake CityDec. 21 Saturday at Oregon 28-9, 12-6 Pac-12 Eugene, Ore.Dec. 28 Saturday West Coast Conference play begins
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)