Aug 17, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
BYU and head coach Dave Rose announced their non-conference schedule on Thursday and it’s a difficult schedule that includes three road games and four neutral site games.
BYU opens the season at Stanford as part of the 24-hour hoops marathon and they will also be apart of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic with two home games before the final four in Kansas City with an opening matchup against Texas before facing DePaul or Wichita State.
The Cougars also host Iowa State right before the CBE final four and have two more neutral site games with Utah State (Salt Lake City) and UMass (Springfield, Mo.). Road games at Pac-12 opposition Utah and Oregon close out the schedule.
“This is a terrific non-conference schedule that will really help prepare our team for league play,” Rose said. “It’s a compliment to our program to be invited to play in the College Basketball Experience Tournament. We will face many tests and teams from coast to coast. We are excited about the opportunities we have to play and look forward to preparing our team for the challenge.”
Nov. 8 Friday Weber State 30-7, 18-2 Big Sky Provo, UtahNov. 11 Monday at Stanford 19-15, 9-9 Pac-12 Palo Alto, Calif.Nov. 14 Thursday CBE Hall of Fame Classic Provo, UtahNov. 16 Saturday CBE Hall of Fame Classic Provo, UtahNov. 20 Wednesday Iowa State 23-12, 11-7 Big 12 Provo, UtahNov. 25 Monday vs. Texas 16-18, 7-11 Big 12 Kansas City, Mo.Nov. 26 Tuesday vs. DePaul –or–Wichita State Kansas City, Mo.Nov. 30 Saturday vs. Utah State 21-10, 11-7 WAC Salt Lake CityDec. 3 Tuesday North Texas 12-20, 7-13 Sun Belt Provo, UtahDec. 7 Saturday vs. UMass 21-12, 9-7 Atlantic 10 Springfield, Mass.Dec. 11 Wednesday Prairie View A&M 15-19, 8-10 SWAC Provo, UtahDec. 14 Saturday at Utah 15-18, 5-13 Pac-12 Salt Lake CityDec. 21 Saturday at Oregon 28-9, 12-6 Pac-12 Eugene, Ore.Dec. 28 Saturday West Coast Conference play begins
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)