Aug 17, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
It sounds like Kaleb Joseph really wanted to go to Syracuse. According to the Post-Standard, the 2014 guard barely had to set foot on campus before he agreed to don the Orange.
“It’s something I’ve always wanted to do,” Joseph told the newspaper. “In the back of my mind it’s always where I wanted to be. I’ve always been a Syracuse fan. It just felt right.”
Joseph and his parents had been on campus since Friday, and the coveted point guard gave his verbal on Saturday afternoon. He had previously visited Providence, and was scheduled to go to West Virginia in late September.
The rising high school senior from New Hampshire led Cushing Academy to the Class AA state championship last season. He announced his intent on Twitter at 4:49 pm. Syracuse may be getting a diamond in the rough, per Mike Waters of the Post-Standard.
Joseph is ranked No. 51 in the 2014 Class by ESPN. Rivals lists him at No. 56, but those rankings were put out prior to this summer’s AAU circuit, during which Joseph stamped himself as a rising star while playing for the Mass Rivals AAU team.
He’s humble, too.
“I know nothing will be handed to me,” Joseph told the paper. “That’s what I like. I’ve always liked being the underdog.”
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)